× Members

Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?

More
6 years 6 months ago #196731 by Alikris
Replied by Alikris on topic Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?
Thanks, have done. Fingers crossed. One more question regarding my ESA. Does transferring from DLA to PIP classify as a 'change of circumstance' ? Also, regarding UC, my ESA letter says I'm entitled to both contribution based and income-related ESA. Does this mean I risk being transferred to UC (I've just checked and UC is being rolled out in my area).

Also, regarding my DLA money, if they decide I'm not going to get PIP, does my DLA money stop then or does it continue while I appeal? If it stops then I guess the extras I get with my ESA will also stop? That will surly mean a change of circumstance and they can then trigger an ESA reassessment or ask me to apply for UC?

I'm trying not to panic . . .

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #196748 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?
Kris

Transferring from DLA to PIP is not a change that would require a claim for UC. Changes that would include a new claim for "ESA" or a new claim "ESA(IR)" as a top up to ESA(CB) would and if you moved from one Local Authority to another and were claiming Housing Benefit.

There are currently no plans to transfer existing ESA claimants to UC, this will not happen for at least a couple of years and possibly longer.

If you do not receive an award of PIP then your DLA will remain in payment for a further four weeks, you will not be paid while you appeal the Decision. The rules in Northern Ireland are different.

I would not expect this to trigger a UC claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alikris

More
6 years 6 months ago #197027 by Alikris
This is a different topic but you asked me to use the same thread . .

Since I received the letter asking me to apply for PIP because my DLA is ending, I have stopped spending money other than absolutely necessary purchases. This is so I can build up some savings if they refuse me PIP etc. I know there is a £6,000 limit for savings for ESA, and I can't see my savings ever reaching this level, so do I have to declare the money I have in my current account? I don't have an ISA or savings account. All my spending is put on my Credit card which I then pay off in full at the end of each month, so it's common for me to have around £1,000 in my account anyway at some point during the month but this surly can't be considered savings as it's needed to pay off my Credit Card. Do banks tell DWP what my current account balance is? If they deny me PIP I will need every penny of what I've saved as my income will go down drastically.

Thanks.

More
6 years 6 months ago #197036 by Alikris
Question regarding PIP Q2. Do I just list my diagnoses or should I list my symptoms as well? Most of my official diagnoses have been in the last 15 or so years, but I have been experiencing symptoms since I was a young child (my first official mental health diagnosis was back in the early 1970's when I was eight years old)

Thanks.

More
6 years 6 months ago #197038 by Alikris
Sorry, another question. Do the DWP tell the DVLA if they feel someone shouldn't be driving? It's never been an issue before when claiming ESA or DLA etc, but after reading some threads elsewhere, I am now worried about what to put on my PIP application. Many of my 'conditions' could affect my driving, but don't. After reading through their list, The DVLA says I only need to inform them if my conditions do affect my driving. So I'm not doing anything wrong by not telling them. In fact driving is one of my few great loves in life and has a very calming effect on me, In fact during times of great stress and anxiety, going for a drive whilst listening to some relaxing music can help greatly in calming me down, but sadly due to not being able to go out very often, last year I drove only 4,500 miles approx. I live in a very isolated area, there is no public transport, and even the nearest corner shop is 7 miles away. Without my licence I would never be able to go out, and in fact taking my licence away would result in me no longer having anything worth living for.

Thanks, sorry for so many questions . .

More
6 years 6 months ago #197070 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Shopuld I ask for a copy of my ESA85A ?

kris wrote: This is a different topic but you asked me to use the same thread . .

Since I received the letter asking me to apply for PIP because my DLA is ending, I have stopped spending money other than absolutely necessary purchases. This is so I can build up some savings if they refuse me PIP etc. I know there is a £6,000 limit for savings for ESA, and I can't see my savings ever reaching this level, so do I have to declare the money I have in my current account? I don't have an ISA or savings account. All my spending is put on my Credit card which I then pay off in full at the end of each month, so it's common for me to have around £1,000 in my account anyway at some point during the month but this surly can't be considered savings as it's needed to pay off my Credit Card. Do banks tell DWP what my current account balance is? If they deny me PIP I will need every penny of what I've saved as my income will go down drastically.

Thanks.

As long as your savings and assets are under £6000 at all times then you don't need to worry about the DWP looking at your accounts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alikris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.