× Members

Long Wait For Tribunal Date

More
6 years 1 month ago #208430 by Fleetwood
Replied by Fleetwood on topic Long Wait For Tribunal Date
Ok, my hearing was today, it went reasonably well, though because I disputed the evidence given by the DWP as to my mobility abilities, it means the tribunal have to decide who is telling the truth and who is not. So, the three tribunal members discussed what to do sotte voce, and decided that they would adjourn the hearing, and call for the last 2 years of my medical records. Its probably a good thing, though we will have to wait another few weeks!? for the next stage of the hearing, once the records arrive. So its not finalised yet...we have to go through it once again...but at least my records will show my full medical condition, which goes against what the DWP report says, which is thatn there appears to be nothing wrong with my mobility at all! My carer was there, but was not able to say or add anything. She did ask the judge if she could add anything later if I forgot anything, and he said she could, at the end of the hearing, before they convened to decide the outcome. Another wait, but if its a positive result, I'll be able to buy a mansion in Dubai...(joke :-) ). t's a worry all this waiting. It will by then, be well over a year since it all began but maybe things are better than I think, I hope so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Josephine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #208445 by Josephine
Replied by Josephine on topic Long Wait For Tribunal Date
Hi Jeff, Thanks for letting us know how you got on and I am sorry to hear you didn't get a definite decision and end the waiting, like I did. Fingers crossed you'll get the right outcome soon. Please let us know what happens next. Best of luck.
Josephine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fleetwood

More
6 years 1 month ago #208569 by Fleetwood
Might be a good idea to pass this on. I ordered a taxi to get us to the hearing in time, about a 20 minute car ride, as I cannot ealk fast or far without having to stop and rest. We didnt want to be late obvioysly and its a nerve-wracking experience going to tribunal as we all know. The letter I received giving me the date of the hearing also said we could claim back travel expenses, and that the claim forms are available at the hearing. I have used a taxi in the past when I have been called to an assessment for DLA, before I had the mobility car. However, we were told by the Clerk that I should have called beforehand, and got several quotes for taxi fare costs before going ahead with booking it....this was not written on the hearing letter, unfortunately I didnt bring that letter with me so we could not argue the point. I have the receipt, and will keep it and others I may use and will write in and claim the costs back (£13.80) one way. I managed to get the bus home but it was a big struggle for me, and took us over an hour altogether. Just be aware that if you are going to use a taxi, phone the hearing centre on the number on the letter beforehand, despite the fact it doesn't tell you to do so....or like me, you may be refused a claim form, as I was. I will be making a claim at the end of the hearing, after it has been re-convened, as nothing staes anywhere we need to call and give quotes before booking a taxi. Just another way of them saving "our" money...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine

More
6 years 1 month ago #208614 by Josephine
Replied by Josephine on topic Long Wait For Tribunal Date
Hi Jeff, sorry to hear about your 'additional' struggle over travel expenses. However, you have reminded me that \i put in a claim for my expenses in January and have never got them! I was so elated with the decision, I completely forgot to ask the Clerk for the forms and phoned the court a few days later for the forms. They posted them to me and I sent them back claiming for travelling by car with my husband and they've never been paid!! I am thinking of not pursuing it, considering the award I was given, but then I think 'Why the hell should they get away with it'!
Best wishes
Josephine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fleetwood

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #209741 by Fleetwood
Hi guys, something I meant to bring up, should have in my last reply, but if you have a Blue Badge make sure you send a copy of it in with your paperwork, I would send it is separately before your hearing, to the court. During our hearing, which has been adjourned, ehe doctor was questioning me about my heart problems, and asked why we didn't drive in to the hearing. I explained how my mobility car had been taken off me. Like I said in my last reply, he asked why we didn't have another car...we were gobsmacked...I replied we couldn't afford another car. The point I then raised was that I have a Blue Badge, recently re-newed. I could see that both the judge and the doctor were surprised, as if thinking that the fact I was considered disabled enough to qualify for a Blue Badge, would help make a difference to their decision.This amazed me; showing that if you're like me, whose health problems are not always visible, it would be very likely to make a difference if you had proof that you had an up-to-date Blue Badge. The reason I say this is because immediately, the panel members conferred quietly among themselves, then told me they would order a copy of my full medical history, consider it, and re-convene the hearing at a later date. It didn't occur to me at the time, but my wife, who was not allowed to say a word, noted it. I still don't have a new date, but hope it will make a difference to the outcome. So don't forget, if you have a Blue Badge, make sure the court has a copy before the hearing. It may well help, especially if you have disabilities that are not always obvious!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine

More
5 years 11 months ago #211839 by Fleetwood
Hi Josephine, and fellow members,
May I invite you all to raise a glass of whatever you fancy/is appropriate lol, as today we had the re-convened Tribunal hearing, and having had the chance to explain in more detial my circumstances, and with the extra medical records, I was granted enough extra points to qualify me for daily living component at the standard rate, of PIP. I needed two extra points and was awarded them, after the doctor had read all my health recodrs going back 6 years...quite a task, but he was very fair, and asked only pertinent questions or wherever he wanted more insight or detail. My wife was allowed to add any comments at the end, before they convened for the decision. I had a new panel this time, and we felt they were all fair and pleasant, so it was not such a nerve-wracking experience as was the first session. I didn't manage to gain any more points on the mobility component, so had only 4 points awarded, as I can manage up to 200 meters, if only occasionally, with the help of walking aids. I am satisfied though, and if my mobility decreases over the 3 years of the award, I am likely to be awarded more points for this . We were asked to wait outside for the result, which was only about 5 minutes so they must have all been in agreement :-). I would like to thank everyone for your encouragement, and to Chris for his very useful help and advice. This forum has been invaluable! Thumbs up, and now we're off for a celebratory meal out!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.