× Members

Email address for DWP/PIP/DLA needed

More
6 years 3 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #204328 by bmjohnson
Email address for DWP/PIP/DLA needed was created by bmjohnson
Moderators note: You can find the main contact number for PIP new claims and for ongoing claims and enquiries here, along with the phone numbers for IAS and Capita.

Hi, I have just had my home assessment by Atos cancelled. I want to contact the DWP by email (that way I have a record, plus I have trouble talking to these people eon the phone). Does anybody have an email address I could use. Also the address on all the letters I have had in relation to this recently, although headed DWP have Atos's address so no good sending it to them. If there is no email (not good enough considering that so much of their stuff is online, and claimants "clients" are expected to apply online), what is the best address to use, Independent Assessment Services (Atos), or a post handling site. Years ago I used to deal with/contact Warbeck House.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Steve D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #204360 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Email address for DWP/PIP/DLA needed
Bruce

The DWP do not accept emails in regard to benefit issues so it's write or get someone to phone on your behalf.

The address of the office dealing with your claim should be on the letter that accompanied the PIP2 form, all DWP mail goes to a mail handling site in Wolverhampton, but the address will still be unique to your office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Steve D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmjohnson

More
6 years 3 months ago #204389 by bmjohnson
Replied by bmjohnson on topic Email address for DWP/PIP/DLA needed
That's terrible. Not everyone can communicate by telephone, and sending registered letters is not cheap especially if one has to get a cab (fortunately I still have my Motability vehicle). I was under the impression that under the Equalities Act they where required to make reasonable measures such as email.

More
6 years 3 months ago #204404 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Email address for DWP/PIP/DLA needed

Bruce wrote: That's terrible. Not everyone can communicate by telephone, and sending registered letters is not cheap especially if one has to get a cab (fortunately I still have my Motability vehicle). I was under the impression that under the Equalities Act they where required to make reasonable measures such as email.

Email, for good reason, is not considered a secure communication method, so it's not an Equality issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.