× Members

DLA to pip

More
5 years 11 months ago #210806 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to pip
Debs

The person you spoke to needs more/some training! The reliably criteria apply equally to all of the PIP activities, Daily Living and Mobility, there is even Case Law that includes the reliability terms for the two Mobility activities.

You haven't mentioned any problems with your being able to meet the Going Out Descriptors, what did you say on your form?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #210812 by Debs123
Replied by Debs123 on topic DLA to pip
Now you know why I was confused with going out. He put couldn't plan route, don't used public transport, poor balance, I go out in husband's car, would be anxious if bust took another route. No points for this and he thinks I have better chance with not planning route 4 points as I have 10 would put me enhanced. I can't go out on my own and never use public transport as I'm unable to but the side effects from medication for pain causes forgetfulness and concentration
He has put comment for mobility moving around .
I don't think you have adequately assessessed the extent of my mobility problems, in reality doing this causes pain and carnt walk the rest of the day.
I don't know told him I've requested doctor letter on side effects I don't know what to think.
Sorry it's long.

More
5 years 11 months ago #210814 by Gordon
Debs

The Going Out activity looks at three things.

Planning a route - this is primarily a cognitive or sensory (e.g. blindness) activity. You are being asked about the problems you would have with working out how to get from one place to another, you do not need to be able to follow the route that you are planning.

Undertaking a Journey - this is do with mental health issues such as agoraphobia and social anxiety and is concerned with you leaving the house to go somewhere, they will be interested in the things that stop you doing this. You need to show that you would suffer "overwhelming psychological distress" to meet the criteria.

Following a route - This activity about the problems you would have navigating a route. So are there problems cognitive, sensory or mental health issues that would prevent you from doing this? This is different from undertaking a journey, in fact if you cannot undertake a journey then you will struggle to score points for following one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #210818 by Debs123
I wasn't going to fill this in as what you have said is what I thought. But when I went in the first place for help to fill in form he started to ask me questions on it. How would I feel on transport taking wrong route etc. Well I carnt get on without help and after years indoors I would feel vune table strange place and people . Told you it's messed up wish I hadn't gone my husband is even more confused. Do I just try my own luck if it's hose wrong I will not be able to ask his advise but I'm not sure if he has helped or not. A
Every think I thought I would get points on where 0 and all the things I thought I didn't try for I got ?

More
5 years 11 months ago #210837 by Gordon
Debs

Showing problems with the Going Out activity gives you two shots at scoring the extra points for an Enhanced award but I think you will need a formal diagnosis and on-going treatment to realistically score.

But the bottomline is you have nothing to lose by trying.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Debs123

More
5 years 11 months ago #210849 by Debs123
I still think I could try reliability on mobility, are you aloud to give an opinion ? Do you think it would be a waste of time I value your input. I would like thank you for your patience.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.