× Members

pip

More
5 years 7 months ago #217269 by john higgins
Replied by john higgins on topic pip
hello gordon,,i dident know wether or not to start a new thread or what,,iv been waiting 7 weeks now since i sent in my claim form and i havent heard anything back from them yet at all,do you think that its purley to do with the hollidays,i sent in quite a lot of paper work iv thought maybey that was takeing so long,,i dont want to ring them i dont want to poke the lion as it were,,any idieas what could be takeing so long,,how many just paper assessments get done these days?..thank you in advance gordon,,,,john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217273 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
John

We are seeing increasing delays in both the assessment and Decision-making process you can check what is going on by contacting the Assessment Provider for your postcode.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #217317 by john higgins
hi,,a quick question iv just realised (becouse my wife takes care of all the bennafits).that we are on esa ,it was them that started this claim process becouse they sent us a letter saying we had applied for my wife to be my appointee,,we hadent and never had,we phoned up and found out our money had been stoped over the phone,,we then had a conversation with some guy on the phone and he reinstated our money there and then,,he was just a guy who awnserd the phone how he could stop and start payments at his own discretion isbeyond me,,anyway we thought we had sorted it out they wanted me o have a face to face at home to see if i needed this appointee,..so the next thing a fortnight later we get the letter to claim pip,,,,i sort of expected it,,my question is this will i also (now iv claimed for pip),have to go through a seporate claim for esa,,or have aface to face for esa??,,im very worried about this as the pip process is killing me,,thanks in advance ,,,thank you john,

More
5 years 7 months ago #217324 by Gordon
John

Forgive me but I am not entirely sure whether you already have an award of ESA or not but if you don't and are in the assessment phase then you will have to have an assessment for your ESA claim, although it is possible to have a Paper Based Review for ESA on a new claim it is unlikely and you should expect a F2F.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #217365 by john higgins
sorry i forgot to say that we are allready on esa,and have been for a long time now,,i was just woundering becouse on here iv seen people say they had to have both,,at the moment im on esa,,,dla,,thank you gordon,,,,,,john

More
5 years 7 months ago #217370 by Gordon

john higgins wrote: sorry i forgot to say that we are allready on esa,and have been for a long time now,,i was just woundering becouse on here iv seen people say they had to have both,,at the moment im on esa,,,dla,,thank you gordon,,,,,,john

Although there are some areas of crossover between ESA and PIP the criteria is still different, a face to face assessment for one cannot substitute for the other. That doesn't mean that you will have a F2F for your ESA just that you cannot assume that you won't.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.