× Members

pip

More
5 years 7 months ago #218199 by john higgins
Replied by john higgins on topic pip
thank you gordon for getting back to me..i really hope they leave my esa alone im running out of steam,,,one thing that come to mind,when i first made the claim for pip,i was asked if i wanted them to use my old dla evidance forms or what have ya,to help with my pip claim,i told them yes its a good idiea and to use it,they then wrote and told me they havent got any paperwork evidence or anything about my dla so they have nothing to use,,they said they shred everything,,i find this very hard to believe,i really do,,how do they refer back to your past entiltlements?.how would they know just what people are on,is this the case gordon ,,have you heard this before?.its very unfair,and seems to go against what they indeed are trying to do in the first place,,surley the more the merrier when it comes to evedence,,,,john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #218210 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
John

DWP policy is to shred documents after 13 months if they are not required for a future assessment, this means that a lot of DLA claimants with an indefinite award had no information from a previous DLA assessment to use when transferred to PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #218226 by housemouse93
Replied by housemouse93 on topic pip
I’m waiting for a ftf for pip transfer from dla, I was asked if I wanted my dla details to be used, I said yes. Later I was told by DWP that because it was so old they were prevented because of Data Protection, so why ask in the first place, they were already aware of the date when they asked. They also didn’t answer CAB who wrote on my behalf prior to my asking. I’d be lost without this site.

More
5 years 7 months ago #218243 by john higgins
thank you gordon for getting back,,they do make things harder than they need to be,its been 10 weeks now since i posted the claim form for pip,havent heard a thing,,but i know there is a big backlog,,its just sole destroying,,i did send a recent letter in with the form stating how much bennafit and wich ones we are on,but they never mentiond it,,i know they havent contacted my gp yet becouse he would have told me he knows how anxiouse i am,but he wont write a confirmation letter untill its requested,so i dont have to pay,,iv told him i dont mind paying,and that they probably wont contact him at all,he said that not to worry when the time comes he will back me all the way..i also took it upon myself to write the gp a letter just bringing him up to date with all my feelings and ailments that i dont mention to him all the time,i thought it best he knows what im going through on a daily basis,,all i can do is wait now untill they make there move,,thanks for your advice so far very much apprieciated,,,,john

More
5 years 7 months ago #218268 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
John

There has been a general slow-down in the process following the Summer holidays, Decisions are taking ten weeks up from 2-4, I don't have any feedback on wait time for assessments but would guess that they are running at about the same delay.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: john higgins

More
5 years 6 months ago #219031 by john higgins
hello gordon .a quick update,,i today got a letter back from dwp (well atos ).its taken 11 weeks to hear from them,,i am told that i will be having a home face to face and i just wanted to ask if that is significant,,ie,does it mean i have a better chance of a posative outcome from a home f2f?..and is there anything i should know in advance?,on the letter it says that i will be asked which room i feel more comfortable in doing the f2f,so does that mean i could be in bed,is that a good idea or is it detriment.it also said that they will ask me how a typical day is in my life,with my memory problems i have to write everything i need to remember down on paper,,will i be able to write a typical day letter for the f2f?,,thank you in advance gordon really appreciate your help....john,,,,ps when they ask me to do any form of exersise (movements of legs arms and such) do i have to do them,im in constant pain from numarouse places allready.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.