× Members

Dodgy PIP assessment

More
5 years 6 months ago #219237 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Dodgy PIP assessment
Had a kind email from the MP who helped me with Atos, asking if could help further ads taking so long. so have asked them to ask if they can speed things up perhaps and check they are using all the evidence etc, so will wait and see. Also said to mention will be appealing if they try and reduce or withdraw it based on the incorrect report.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219453 by Orangeblossom
Still no decision made. MP emailed to tell me ' I have written to the DWP to ask them to make a decision on your application and to provide me with an update on your case. I will contact you again once I have received their response.' so hopefully that should help. Argh.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219484 by Orangeblossom
Ok, so spoke to a more helpful man at DWP today who told me it seems they have requested 'more supplementary information from the assessment provider' based on the 'further evidence supplied' by me. Must mean the letters we sent in. And since we sent a further letter this may be causing the extra time. Do you know what happens with this? Is it for the Assessor to comment on the letter we sent? I haven't heard of it before. Thanks.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219485 by Orangeblossom
Ok, sorry looked in the PIP assessors guide in the members area and it explains about the supplementary info part. Well hopefully that might help. We'll just have to wait and see.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220191 by Orangeblossom
Still more delays, apparently they (DWP) have not sent it back for a second time to Atos for more comments yesterday! maybe because of sending in more than one letter. Is this usual I wonder? for them to keep going back to Atos? Anyway that is causing the delays apparently. Hoping to hear soon.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220200 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dodgy PIP assessment
OB

If the letters need a medical opinion then it's going to have to be sent to the assessor as the DWP staff have no medical training.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.