× Members

PIP result at last!

More
5 years 4 months ago #220810 by phrank
PIP result at last! was created by phrank
Well after almost 6 months I finally got a decision today if only over the phone. A letter was posted to me on the 1st of November so should be with me tomorrow possibly.

I won my my MR!!!

I'm still in shock and have been all day so only just stopped shaking, well almost.

The girl on the phone said 12 points for mobilty and 9 points for daily living up to the 20th of June 2021. So that's that for over 18 months until I get the call again a year before the end date, all being well.

I won't be totally convinced until I get the letter, though.

My sincere thanks and gratitude goes to you, Gordon - for your support and advice throughout this ordeal. My eternal thanks also to the support I've had from fellow members.

I really could never have got there on my own. I thoroughly read the guides and followed them intently throughout the whole process and in particular through the MR process, which obviously paid off.

My advice to anyone who is in a similar situation after a dodgy assessment is make sure you have a recording to refer to and quote from (even though the other tape is highly unlikely to ever get listened to), and do not give up, whatever you do.

Anyway, cheers to all and for once I'm looking forward to getting my brown envelope this time.

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Orangeblossom, ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #220817 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP result at last!
phrank

Really pleased for you, well done.

Yes, you will need to wait for the Decision Letter but the call centre operator will be in a world of trouble if they told you the wrong information.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #220818 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP result at last!
Just to add to the other post, from zero points to 21. Just what is going on?

It really isn't right, that's for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dingleydell

More
5 years 4 months ago #220822 by phrank

Gordon wrote: phrank

Really pleased for you, well done.

Yes, you will need to wait for the Decision Letter but the call centre operator will be in a world of trouble if they told you the wrong information.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Thanks, Gordon,

Well, yes I will have to wait for the letter.

She said award is up to the 20th of June 2021. So my assessment was on the 21st of June this year. So does that make it a sort of 'belated' 3 year award?

Phrank.

More
5 years 4 months ago #220824 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP result at last!
phrank

It's certainly more than two years which is the important thing as it means a reassessment rather than a renewal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #220826 by phrank
Thanksvagain Gordon,

Sorry if I sound silly.

But she said the award is until June 2021 meaning I'll get called in about 20 months so will it still be a reassessment
rather than a renewal even though it will be less than two years from now?

Forgive me panicking.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.