× Members

PIP result at last!

More
5 years 5 months ago #221421 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP result at last!
Hi, Gordon,

I phoned the ESA helpline earlier today to tell them my PIP had been reinstated. I also asked about the ESA severe disabilty element and how do I get it reinstated.

I was told its up to the relevant office that deals with this and I don't have to do anything. He just advised if not heard in 2 weeks to phone back for an update.

Just wondered if this information is correct.

Thanks,

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221447 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP result at last!
phrank

It's unlikely that the SDP will be reinstated automatically they usually need confirmation that you are still eligible but this will be decided by the office dealing with your claim so you will have to wait a couple of weeks to see what happens.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221455 by phrank
Thanks, Gordon.

Would it be worth me writing to them and perhaps send a copy of the award?

More
5 years 5 months ago #221463 by Gordon

phrank wrote: Thanks, Gordon.

Would it be worth me writing to them and perhaps send a copy of the award?

It's not the PIP award that will cause the problem, you need to complete an IS10 form, either on paper, I can't find one that you can download, or over the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221466 by phrank
Thanks, Gordon. Never heard of one of those forms, never had to fill one in before.

Sorry to be a pain, when you say you can do this over the phone, does that mean ringing the ESA helpine and asking to fill one in?

It all seems a bit long winded as I was still receiving this up to the 26th of August as the call handler told me.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221471 by Gordon
phrank

As I said, leave it a couple of weeks, they may sort it out themselves but if not then you will be able to complete the form, members have reported being able to do this over the phone but my impression is that not all call centre staff have the knowledge to do this.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.