× Members

Capability for Work questionnaire

More
5 years 4 months ago #222428 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Capability for Work questionnaire
Can you tell me please, how many days late can the medical evidence follow after the date given for the form to be submitted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #222431 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capability for Work questionnaire

kate wrote: Can you tell me please, how many days late can the medical evidence follow after the date given for the form to be submitted?

I would aim for a couple of weeks but in reality, with assessments taking months to be booked you have until one is actually arranged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kate

More
5 years 4 months ago #222432 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Capability for Work questionnaire
Can you remind me of the sequence of events with this application.

Once I return the form is returned, does dwp then make a decision if they have all the evidence they need, like a clear substantial risk?

Or do dwp merely "check in"/register that the form has been returned on time? And then send the form on to the Medical Assessment (Atos/Maximus?) people who call us in for face to face?

Many thanks for being there for us!

More
5 years 4 months ago #222433 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capability for Work questionnaire
Kate

Your ESA50 is returned to Maximus.

They will review your form and the information attached to see whether a recommendation can be made without them seeing you, they may write to the medical contacts that you include on your form.

If they can then an ESA85A assessment report will be sent to the DWP with your form and documents.

If they can't then an assessment will be booked, from this an ESA85 report will be produced and returned with your documents to the DWP.

A DWP Decision Maker will then review the assessment report, your form and any other evidence to make a Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kate

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.