× Members

Capability for Work questionnaire

More
5 years 5 months ago #222116 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Capability for Work questionnaire
Re Q8 Getting around Safely. Do we only answer this question if we have a visual problem?
Because the question also asks if you can get around safely on your own / around a place you haven't been to before.
I am asking because there are many things beside eyesight that may cause difficulties with Getting around Safely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222128 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capability for Work questionnaire
Kate

Questions 1-10 only consider physical issues, 11-17 only mental health or cognitive problems.

Question 8 is asking about the sensory problems you have "navigating" in familiar and unfamiliar places, it is primarily about sight problems but you might be able to argue that hearing problems would also have an impact as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kate

More
5 years 4 months ago #222374 by kate
Re Descriptor 18 Eating or drinking

Would reluctance to eat (needing specially prepared foods) because of severe IBS be something that comes under this question?

More
5 years 4 months ago #222375 by kate
When I want to search for other people's questions (to see if it's been asked before) - can you tell me please how I go about it. I've used the general search and it comes up with "the latest benefits news" type reports.
Many thanks.
Hope you are keeping ok.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222408 by Gordon

kate wrote: Re Descriptor 18 Eating or drinking

Would reluctance to eat (needing specially prepared foods) because of severe IBS be something that comes under this question?

You can argue that it does but I think you will struggle to meet the requirement which refers to a "severe disorder of mood or behaviour".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #222409 by Gordon

kate wrote: When I want to search for other people's questions (to see if it's been asked before) - can you tell me please how I go about it. I've used the general search and it comes up with "the latest benefits news" type reports.
Many thanks.
Hope you are keeping ok.

The search, top right of the page, does search the forum but it also searches the site as well, when the results are produced if you tick "Kunena Forum" and then search again it will limit the results to just posts in the forum.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.