× Members

DLA to PIP

More
5 years 1 month ago #227299 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic DLA to PIP
Thank you Gordon,

I thought that too. I will hold off contacting them and hope for the best.

Thank you for all your advice. I really could not cope with this process without the help of yourself and this site. It has been a life saver.

Jessica
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229801 by Tigerlily11
Hi,

I have just got a letter from Capita saying I need to have a face to face consultation next week.
It will be done in my home.

My stress levels have gone through the roof at the thought of it.

Can anyone give me any indication on what to expect and what your own experience was like and how long it lasts.

Many thanks for any advice at all.

Jessica

More
4 years 11 months ago #229825 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Jessica

There are sections in the PIP Claim guide that cover the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Hopefully, other members will comment on their experiences.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #229873 by Tigerlily11
Thank you Gordon.

Can I also ask is the home assessment likely to be the same as an assessment in a Capita building and do you think it will last as long?

I have a wheelchair but do not use it as I cannot push it. My husband pushes me in it sometimes to take me to my appointments. Should I leave this in the assessors view and any other aids I have such as my crutches which again I cannot use.

Also will they ask to see my bedroom and bathroom?

I am so stressed at the thought of it.

Many thanks Gordon for all your advice. I could not have got this far without your help.

Jessica

More
4 years 11 months ago #229898 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Jessica

A home assessment is not going to be significantly different from one held in their offices in terms of content or time.

It can't hurt to leave the wheelchair on show.

I would not expect them to ask to see the other aids that you use or to look around your home.

A home assessment is a good start as it is recognition that you have disabilities sufficient to prevent you from attending at their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #229908 by Tigerlily11
Thank you Gordon

I think the reason I am so stressed is that I just do not trust the assessors and get the feeling they want to trick us or catch us out.

As if anyone would live like this if they did not have to.

Thanks again Gordon

Jess

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.