× Members

PIP REVIEW

More
5 years 3 months ago #223717 by charles
Replied by charles on topic PIP REVIEW
sorry dont know why my message was in worrywart's reply box

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223733 by worrywart
Replied by worrywart on topic PIP REVIEW
Don’t worry Charles, we are in same boat ,
My review is being audited too, maybe that’s why it was copied onto here,
To be honest I have i mole rekey bad vibes about this while renewal. The assessor was here about 2 hours, it was quite traumatic going through it all. I invited her to look at my butchered stomach and three stoma bags and she did which surprised me really. She said it was a complete mess, she then sort of wound interview up. She seems suddenly in a bid rush, did t ask me to do any exercises or look at disabled bathroom etc,
I have not idea how it went, it’s exhausting waiting and now it’s been audited I feel worse . My condition is not common so I don’t know how they will understand. I’ve looked in the Dwp guides on medical conditions and it’s not even mentioned.
So good luck!

More
5 years 3 months ago #223754 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REVIEW

charles wrote: sorry dont know why my message was in worrywart's reply box

It's in this topic because you replied to a post in this topic rather than creating a new topic of your own.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #223809 by charles
Replied by charles on topic PIP REVIEW
Thank you thought i was replying to my post.
Hope everything goes ok for you Worrywart, my assessment was just under one hour. She did not speak to me only my wife and said she thought the assessment should have been done after my consultant's appointments. I rang DWP today but they have still not received the report. Just a waiting game now will let you know how I get on.
Thanks Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: worrywart, Gordon

More
5 years 3 months ago #225034 by worrywart
Replied by worrywart on topic PIP REVIEW
Hi all,had my f2f for PIP Review mid December, had assessment report today so I’m updating you.
Previously I was awarded enhanced care and mobility.
On review the assessment report has awareded enhnced care as before but standard mobility so if the DWP decision follows the report I will lose my car. I got NO points for planning a journey whereas previously had 4. I don’t quite understand this as my situation is worse than previously. She made reference to the fact I went to London to a medical appointment and used taxis which I did but m6 husband was with me, I rarely go out alone and would,not have the confidence to driv anywhere I’m not very familiar with . But she didn’t agree and awarded Zero points meaning had 8 points for mobility this time.
Another thing I’m upset about s the term of just 2 years because my condition is under review. It’s not as my condition ( fistula of bowel so I now have 3 stoma bags ) has been caused by surgery and no surgeon will nit even attempt a repair as last time I nearly died. So I’m stuck with this, they do not heal without surgery so nothing will change,
I’ll wait for the decision of course but I’m not confident about appealing.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225039 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REVIEW
worrywart

The four points would have been for

b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant.

Did you talk about the prompting that you need in your form or at the assessment?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.