× Members

PIP APPEAL DWP NOT RESPONDED ON TIME

More
5 years 1 month ago #226916 by DC
Replied by DC on topic PIP APPEAL DWP NOT RESPONDED ON TIME
Hi guys, was supposed to have heard from the tribunal service by 28th Feb regarding a hearing date, then got an email saying they are unusually busy & i now have to wait to April just to hear from them. This will be 10 months since my PIP was stopped, despite it originallyy being awarded to MArch 2019.

Also a major concern is that my last 2 payments of ESA Hvae show in my account as : DWP GB FP LP FUNDI, JA574***** DWP JSA , FP 11/02/19 1342 , 05134216192523000N, they are the same amount as my usual ESA but when they have always previously just shown as DWP EESA I am praying they have not now just switched me to JSA. Yet again Ive still heard nothing from DWP. Please please help i am at my wits end

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226931 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP APPEAL DWP NOT RESPONDED ON TIME
D C

The DWP cannot switch you to JSA.

The ESA payment system is piggybacked on to the JSA one, for some reason they have had to make a manual payment which is why it is showing as JSA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230948 by Sian
Replied by Sian on topic PIP APPEAL DWP NOT RESPONDED ON TIME
I hope you have received the date for your appeal DC.
The DWP are late replying to my hubby’s appeal too.
They seem to be able to get away with what ever they want.
Fortunately he still gets enhanced rate for mobility but they reduced him
To standard for daily care.
We had to appeal for the enhanced rate on both 3 years ago.
The appeal awarded him higher rate for both up until July 2019
So I don’t understand how the DWP can just reduce the daily care side after a 30 minute interview. I have no doubt we will win the appeal but it annoys me that the DWP can
Reduce an award that was given by the last appeal until July.
They are a law unto themselves.
Oh well we will just have to wait, rant over :)

More
4 years 11 months ago #231225 by Sian
Replied by Sian on topic PIP APPEAL DWP NOT RESPONDED ON TIME
We got a letter from the DWP today.
They are not going ahead with the appeal!
They changed the award so that my husband get's the full 12 points for daily living.
He had 13 points 3 years ago but we're not going to quibble over 1 point. :)
It is such a relief.
We used the appeal information on this brilliant website.
Definitely worth appealing

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.