× Members

PIP preparing food

More
5 years 3 months ago #225169 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP preparing food
mosala

You will have to decide that for yourself. Are there things that will help you deal with the problem, for example; latex or rubber gloves? How do you manage at the moment? How disabling are the effects of your OCD?

I'm not looking for you to answer these but you will need to do so for your assessment. The people assessing you lack imagination and will not understand your problems, so you need to go into detail if you are to have any chance of showing that you cannot prepare and cook food.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225210 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP preparing food
I dont cook raw meat/fish. I eat packet foods. To use raw meat, which I'd hv to wash first, I'd be hours bleaching the area and myself. I cant put myself through that. Saying that I cant cook a meal at all, feels like I am pushing it, but if I say someone could assist me and do it for me I would still have a worry about meat splashing everywhere. I am afraid if I aim too high, I will lose it all? I can however cook non meat products, but I am a carnivore. I cant be expected to change my diet can I?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225230 by Gordon
mosala

I would go through each Descriptor and explain why you cannot reliably complete it on the majority of days, by removing the cases where you could you leave them with no choice but to find that you cannot.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225271 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP preparing food
Found a solution. Someone can assist by washing and preparing the food, away from my home, and then I wouldn't be bothered by feeling contaminated by them doing it here. :)

More
5 years 3 months ago #225294 by Gordon

mosala wrote: Found a solution. Someone can assist by washing and preparing the food, away from my home, and then I wouldn't be bothered by feeling contaminated by them doing it here. :)

That's definitely something to include :)

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.