× Members

PIP preparing food

More
5 years 3 months ago #224578 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP preparing food

mosala wrote: Gordon, I gave a lot of detail originally. Do I need to repeat it all, or just say to them that the details are the same as before.

If you don't repeat the information then you are reliant on those assessing you to look at your previous claim form, whilst they are supposed to do this there is no guarantee that they will.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224652 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP preparing food
Hi Mosala
I only have my ESA notes but these were based on my PIP notes. I said in the ESA that I needed someone to physically take over and prepare the meal, (that is a need, - I could not eat their cooking if it came to it!!)
I think they need to realise that prompting, reassuring etc would never get you to touch root veg, meat, fish, and that you actually need someone else doing it for you.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224664 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP preparing food
Cruella

Then this is what you need to include on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224709 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP preparing food
H Cruela, Great. I have made a note to add that. Helpful thanks.
Did you need someone to takeover purely because of your OCD?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224718 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP preparing food
Mosala

Yes, purely OCD reasons.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225146 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP preparing food
Because I have a problem handling raw meat/fish I have said that I cannot prepare a meal. However, if someone handled the meat for me I would still feel that the whole area would be contaminated. So is it best to say 'I cannot prepare a meal' even with help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.