× Members

pip review assessment home visit

More
5 years 2 months ago #226513 by linda
Replied by linda on topic pip review assessment home visit
Me too!
After reading HCP report from Atos it was ckearin my opinion that report should never been accepted by DM to make any decision on my pip award - most importantly my medical evidence had clearly not been looked at and report based purely on assumptions from assessor etc. therefore i asked to speak directly to DM who made pip decision solely based on this report to explain how she came to her decision etc. She seemed to indicate that she would be requesting ATOS re look at report then told me that her manager would be calling me the following day which she did. Her manager said that 'Iin the circumstances' she woukd be escalating my concerns to the national complaints team and so. Woukd be in contact. It all seems very odd and like you im extremely confused. I am expecting call tomorrow but now have absolutely no idea what is going on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226514 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip review assessment home visit
Linda

The DWP can reject the report as being either incomplete or not of sufficient quality but it's quite unusual for them to do this but if they did then they would have to send it back to the Assessment Provider as they have no in-house medical support.

Is it possible that you have shown a fundamental flaw in the assessment report?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226516 by linda
Thanks Gordon
Hoping it may all become a bit clearer if I receive call from complaints department as promised tom. Just feel it is yet another way of passing blame and noone taking responsibility for errors. Lets hope u are right. Linda

More
5 years 1 month ago #226652 by linda
Hi again Gordon
Well guess hardly surprise to let you know that things have gone from bad to worse. Someone called me back from central complaints team following escalation of my concerns by DM manager. He started to listen to my concerns only to be told that this was actually dispute not a complaint so wouldn't be doing anything about it. I asked himm to explain difference to me also asked him how on earth claimants could be expected to know which was which. Also whether there was any explanation of this anywhere on website also the fact that I hadnt escalated complaint it was actually decision maker and as far as I was concerned it was indeed a complaint. He wouldnt budge. I explained several times that I did not understand what the difference was and that I struggoed to process information. Also why did Decision maker escalate it as a complaint ? He said she shouldnt have done this and would be speaking to her abou this. Needless to say I am extremely angry and upset by complete waste of call which only caused further anxiety and stress.
In the meantime yet another decion maker is now 'seeking advice' about health care professionals assessment report ! Please help I am at my wits end with all of this linda

More
5 years 1 month ago #226665 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip review assessment home visit
Linda

If your report has been referred back to the Assessment Provider for additional comment then I'm afraid there is nothing that you can do until it is returned.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.