× Members

Late arriving ESA 50

More
4 years 10 months ago #231075 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic Late arriving ESA 50
Hello again.

Two weeks ago, as I previously mentioned I plucked up the courage to phone DWP again, only to be non the wiser re; my next reassessment date.

Back in February I had letter stating the From ..........date.............my ESA amount will be £..........

The usual yearly advice letter of any changes to benefit in new fiscal year.

Last week not one but two brown envelopes on doormat.

These identical letters read:

We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.................{These letters are dated same as my last phone call to enquire as to when next reassessment date is...................I did not advise of any 'change'}
From 12 April your ESA will be £...................... qualification for Christmas Bonus.

Whilst it says WE HAVE LOOKED AT YOUR CLAIM AGAIN, unlike the letter which starts the same received in 2016, it does not say ........This is because of: a decision on your capability for work...............

Any idea on this please? My phone call I suspect generated this letter/coincidence?

Heavens above, does it now mean I have to phone them again for clarification...........................only the DWP could have A DEGREE IN TALKING IN RIDDLES!

Gordon, what a huge relief for all of us, especially you, that so many have come forward to volunteer to help keep the Forum open..................like many I'm sure, my heartfelt thanks to you all.

Kindest regards P.:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231099 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Late arriving ESA 50
petrocelli

It is possible that this is a Decision Letter following a Paper Based Review but I can't guarantee, the ESA letters are so badly worded that often their own staff cannot understand why they have been issued.

If it is a Decision then Maxmimus should be able to tell you that they have done a PBR but ultimately only the DWP can tell you whether a Decision has been made.

Did you receive an ESA3 IBR to complete? We have had other members report receiving a similar letter in response to returning the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231147 by Waylay
Replied by Waylay on topic Late arriving ESA 50
I was due an ESA50 a couple of years ago, but I haven't contacted them about it. The constant fear that today might be a brown envelope day weighs heavy, but I'm scared that contacting DWP/Maximus might trigger an ESA review.

I'm still recovering from the mental and physical devastation caused by last year's PIP review, and I don't think I'd make it through an ESA review right now. (I also have severe anxiety problems around using phones.)

I'm in the SG and my health hasn't improved, so I'm not doing anything wrong. I figure as long as my ESA keeps coming in, I'm not going to taunt the lich.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231210 by petrocelli
Heartfelt thanks Gordon, knowing how busy you are.

I have had 5 brown envelopes since Nov 2018, so I know all B&W members' out there can appreciate what just seeing one on the mat does to me, they were as follows:

Nov 2018 ESA3QR(IBR) {I knew I'd not qualify for ESA(IR)}.
Dec 2018 Letter in reply to above form from DWP confirming I did not qualify.
Feb 2019 Usual Rates of Social Security Benefits letter.
Mid May 2019 the latest letter I spoke of in my previous post X2 - yes two env's telling me same thing!

Not an ESA50 in any of them...............................not that I want one either, however, in days of yonder, invalidity benefit and Incapacity Benefit, I certainly was never aware of dates and periods of awards in those days, it was for me anyway living life as now in limbo land..................problem is like everything, once you get used to having a date to bear in mind and that feeling of 'temporary freedom' is much appreciated.

I did, however, phone and make a general enquiry (not giving any personal details) and the very nice call handler told me that, 'we have looked at your claim again could mean anything' and that she'd need an NI N0, whereupon I ended the call.

I don't want to over burden you Gordon, but think posting these things may also be helping other members' too.

I began preparing paperwork for expected ESA50 back in Sept 2019, nearly 9 months ago. What irks me more than anything is that they've robbed me of almost yet another year of my life spent wandering and waiting!

Meanwhile I continue to watch the mat.

Heaven only knows how I survived before I discovered Benefits and Work and the Forum...............if nothing else it helps to hear that others' are experiencing same.

Heartfelt thanks with kindest regards
P:woohoo:

More
4 years 10 months ago #231211 by petrocelli
Heartfelt thanks Waylay

I would say 'ditto' to everything you've written and whilst I wouldn't wish the angst of not knowing on anyone, it's reassuring to know that I'm not alone in these circumstances.

I did have the opportunity a while back of putting a question to a good Welfare Rights Advisor outside of B&W and I asked if it was my responsibility to 'chase up' my ESA 50, to which he replied 'no' and that as far as it possibly getting lost in post is concerned, they always follow it up with a reminder.

You're in my thoughts Waylay, as are all the other B&W members' who to me, make up for the fact that I have no family, partner etc., with whom to confide.

Kindest of regards
P:woohoo:

More
4 years 10 months ago #231295 by lizzley65
Replied by lizzley65 on topic Late arriving ESA 50
I just waned to say that I to have sent ESA50 back in December 2018 (review) and have still not had anything back from them,I was hoping that they were looking to see if I was eligible for any refunds as I was moved on to ESA in 2013 form incapacity benefit, but knowing my luck probably not ,but I am not phoning (no news is good news I hope .B)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.