× Members

Late arriving ESA 50

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228808 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic Late arriving ESA 50
Hi All

Just to say that it's now 6 weeks since my reassessment date has passed with no ESA50 arrival.

I plucked up the courage to phone CHDA to ask if there were any delays and they gave a definitive no. I didn't have the courage to ask them if I'd been referred to them by DWP. Thought that they might contact DWP and then generate form!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was also told by someone that, because they send out reminders after posting out ESA forms, if it had of gone astray in the post, then hopefully the reminder would not.

The worst bit is watching the letterbox every day and that, for the first time I spent weeks preparing the paperwork in advance to reduce the stress and financial outlay to obtain proof etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If in 6 months time I still haven't heard anything, I might pluck up the courage to phone and ask them when my reassessment date will be!

The only other thing is that on last LT54 I scored 15points for one question alone, who knows whether that has had any effect.............................just wracking my brain out loud!

Payments are still being sent to my bank account.

Kindest of regards
P.:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228825 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Late arriving ESA 50
petrocelli

I think you need to ask yourself what is worse for your health; not knowing when you will be reassessed or making the phone call, it strikes me that you could actually make yourself iller by your indecision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: petrocelli

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228897 by Francis
Replied by Francis on topic Late arriving ESA 50
I've been in a similar situation & eventually plucked up the courage to phone the DWP to be told that the expected reassessment had been delayed for 2 years. The relief was immense - so take my advice & phone up!

Best wishes to you
Francis
The following user(s) said Thank You: petrocelli

More
4 years 11 months ago #230394 by petrocelli
Hi Gordon

Just to give an update that despite phoning DWP ESA enquiry line again, I was told by the call handler that my last assessment was in 2016 and award was for 3 years.

I asked three times if she could tell me a date when I can expect my next reassessment and I was told NO. Neither did she tell me that my file had been looked at again and the date deferred and so despite phoning them(dwp) twice and maximus who told me there were no delays in sending out ESA50s, I am non the wiser and have done all that I can do.

So they continue to leave me in limbo despite all my efforts.

Any other suggestions anyone? Why does it appear to be that everyone else phones up and gets given dates in the future and I don't?

Thanks for all that you do Gordon your work is absolutely priceless and I know that there's a great deal of concern amongst members that we might be losing the forum.

Kindest of regards
P:woohoo:

More
4 years 11 months ago #230407 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Late arriving ESA 50
petrocelli

My understanding is that there is a specific date on your computer record, another member posted (slightly different situation) confirmed that there was one on theirs.

So if they are saying that there is not one on your computer record then I'm running out of things to suggest, you could try a Subject Access Request for your computer record but this could just end up with your receiving a big pile of paper as they don't supply a key to the information.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230455 by petrocelli
Hi Gordon

I don't want to add to your work load/reading load. The date they have on their file is the same as I said at beginning of this posting that being in the week commencing 18/2/2019 (award for 3 years). DWP also told me there were no delays in sending out ESA50s, same as Maximus when I asked them if there were any delays. I was too scared to ask them about my specific file.

I note that in some circumstances you've advised other members' to phone the specific DWP area handling their case....................would they be able, possibly, to tell me something the main DWP number isn't?

It's just so cruel to leave people in limbo like this, isn't it? Obviously I don't want to bring on a situation that goes against me, I don't have much faith in CAB either I'm afraid and am entirely on my own, no family, partner, children etc., and like so many others' a 'waspi women' with a thorn in her side! Like so many others' I don't know where I'd be without this forum and the thought possibly losing it is adding to my angst.......................knowing my luck my form will arrive the day the forum ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy days!

Can't thank you enough Gordon for your time patience and contribution.

Kindest of regards
P:woohoo:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.