× Members

DLA to PIP

More
5 years 2 months ago #225903 by cbrad
DLA to PIP was created by cbrad
Well the dreaded letter has arrived to change me from dla to pip.
I’ve printed of the pip guide and I have until the 4th of March to make the phone call.

I will start to gather evidence but having recently moved area my new doctor and hospital consultants know little about me yet, is it ok to use the evidence I have but it’s from my old doctors and consultants where I used to live.

When do you think I should make the call and can I ask for an extension of 2 weeks at that time to complete the pip form.

Any other advice?

With many thanks to the mods.

Cbrad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #225945 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
cbrad

Delaying the call will allow you extra time to prepare but will also increase your anxiety.

I would call for an extension once you have received the PIP2, there is a phone number on the letter that accompanies the form to make the request on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrad

More
5 years 2 months ago #226456 by cbrad
Replied by cbrad on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Gordon
Yes my anxiety is increasing, I’ve been looking at managing medication and therapy and I am completely confused and hope you can advise on the following.

1) I have to take 8 nebuliser treatments every day

2) I have to take my temperature and oxygen levels and send them daily to my named nurse who will contact me if I need to increase my medication or admission to hospital

3). I also have a physiotherapist thump my back to help me bring up my phlegm during postural drainage procedure

4) I also when very ill have intravenous antibiotics given to me at home by the district nurses

Which of the above is classed as managing medication or managing therapy?
Hope you can help

Many thanks

Cbrad

More
5 years 1 month ago #226469 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
cbrad

I don't think you will score (1) and (2).

You should be able to score for (3) providing it is done at home. It will help if you have a GP letter of similar prescribing the treatment and you will need to explain the medical reason why you need it and what would happen if you did not.

You might score for (4) and I would certainly argue that it is treatment but there is a possibility it will be seen as taking medication, in addition to the two points I mentioned for (3) above I think you will also need to explain why this needs to be done by a nurse and in particular, how long she needs to attend. As an example, if she spends 5 minutes fitting the IV, it takes 30 minutes to administer the drugs and then 5 minutes to clear up then it will only be the 5 + 5 minutes that will be considered unless the nurse has to actively monitor you throughout the 30 minutes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrad

More
5 years 1 month ago #226874 by cbrad
Thank you for your previous reply Gordon, just for information which may assist others:

I made the phone call to start pip transfer today which took nearly 30 minutes and I was told that the pip2 forms can take upto 3 weeks to arrive!!! and I was given this number to ring 0800 1214433 if my pip2 form has not arrived by 20/03/19. I was also told I could ask for an extension to complete the pip2 on the same number.

I was also told that pip decisions are currently taking over 13 weeks to decide.

Cbrad
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #228603 by cbrad
An update, well I waited and waited for pip2 form to arrive, it did not so I called and waited on the phone for over an hour.
It turned out that my pip claim had been accepted but for some reason the pip2 form had not been issued, I was not surprised as during my first call the person I spoke to kept on having to ask for help!!!
Anyway I’ve now received the pip2 form which has to be returned by 16/4/19. During the waiting time I collected together my medical evidence and drafted my replies to the questions. I will soon be ready to send everything off by recorded delivery keeping a copy of what I will send.

My question is do I need to send a copy of everything to the pip case manager/decision maker and if so what address would I use for that.
Also is it a good idea to send a copy of my eas85a or not.

Many thanks

CBrad

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.