× Members

SECOND PIP ASSESSMENT

More
5 years 2 months ago #226226 by Darren
SECOND PIP ASSESSMENT TOMORROW was created by Darren
My husband has just had a phone call from Capita explaining that they still need more information, so need to do a second assessment. The first one was 2 weeks ago, but they claim they will disregard that one! Is this normal? My husband suffers from chronic anxiety (as well as other issues) and this has made him really ill. They stated they will need to see ID (other assessor never asked so not sure if thats the problem? I don't know, but his other PIP claim is due to expire in 2 weeks. Any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226236 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SECOND PIP ASSESSMENT TOMORROW
Darren

Have a look at this News Item from this week

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3872-grow...nts-for-one-decision

I would consider making a complaint

Complaining to the PIP Assessment Providers

Gordon

Tags: @TWOASSESS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226298 by Darren
Replied by Darren on topic SECOND PIP ASSESSMENT
Thanks Gordon.

She turned up late, claimed she didn’t know anything (or had information) about the first assessment (two weeks prior) yet she made points and updates on new conditions/medications that was ONLY disclosed at the first assessment!

I was made to feel a fraudster, she was so rude in her approach, and I had to explain all the tests I have had done in detail, to determine how I have been diagnosed.

I feel sick, it was humiliating and degrading. Clearly, they’re out to score points.

I will be complaining, and writing to my MP.

Are they under any obligation to give me a copy of the first PIP report, or just the second- be interest in comparison.

Daz

@TWOASSESS

More
5 years 2 months ago #226313 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SECOND PIP ASSESSMENT
Darren

The first report will not be submitted to the DWP so you will be unable to request it as it will not be used to make the Decision.

Contact the DWP office dealing with his claim for a copy of the new report, it should be with them on Monday.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.