× Members

WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW

More
5 years 1 month ago #226453 by Doodles
WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW was created by Doodles
Hello.
My husband, who is 60 had a massive heart attack in November and was admitted to hospital with heart failure. He has been told by his consultant that he can no longer go back to his job of Hackney carriage driver for over 30 years as he will not meet the Group 2 criteria any longer.
He was discharged after a week and is still under the care of his consultant and heart failure nurse, who is adjusting his medications. We have had to apply for UC as he is self employed and have filled in the UC50. Today we received an appointment for Saturday this week for his interview. He has limited walking ability due to breathlessness but i don't think we will get the required points on paper for LCWRA.
My question is as he is still under the care of the hospital and due for ongoing treatment will he IYO have any chance of receiving it due to it may harm his health if he is made to actively seek work at this point in time/ He collapsed when his meds were last increased.
i have read the booklet on this site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226466 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW
Doodles

It sounds as if you are talking about him qualifying through the Substantial Risk Regulations, there is a detailed section on this in the ESA Claim guides that explain the specific criteria he will need to meet.

He can either be assessed for Limited Capability for Work (LCW) which would still require him to carry out activities to prepare him for a return to work or Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (LCWRA) which should mean that he has a minimum Claimant Commitment, usually no more than his checking his UC Journal regularly.

I'm afraid I can't really offer an opinion based on the information you have supplied as to whether he would meet either of these.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226476 by Doodles
Replied by Doodles on topic WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW
His consultant has told him he will not be fit any type of work for at least another 6 months as his cardiac health is not good at the moment. I understand from comments on here that they do not really take notice of doctors or consultants. If they were to deem him fit for work it will jeopardise his recovery. I've read the section you refer to and this does seem a good reason for LWRCA

More
5 years 1 month ago #226478 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW
Doodles

There's no reason why they should not pay attention to his Consultant given how recent his heart attack was but his comments, as they stand, would only qualify him for LCW not LCWRA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226484 by Doodles
Thanks. I will let you know how it all ends.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230921 by Doodles
Hi Gordon.
My husband was found to have LCW.
We only got the result on our UC journal last week.
I am doing a mandatory reconsideration at the moment using the guides.

He is still under the care of his heart failure nurses and consultant having his meds adjusted and waiting to have an ICD fitted and has ongoing breathlessness and fatigue.

He has recently got PIP Standard Living and Standard Mobility.
Should I enclose the PIP award as additional information for him?

Also should i enclose all the information that was sent originally, along with the new information
I have.

Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.