× Members

WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW

More
4 years 10 months ago #230936 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW
Doodles

You will need to show that he meets one or more of the SG Descriptors.

You can include the PIP information but you will need to show how it is relevant to the ESA criteria, even where there are overlaps the requirements can still be very different.

You should not need to include the information that you have already sent unless you believe it was not actually available to the DWP Decision Maker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doodles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230956 by Doodles
Replied by Doodles on topic WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW
Thank you. I will include PIP as evidence as Mobility descriptor may help .
Have plenty more evidence as well.
I will let you know how it goes.
Your site has helped very much.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230965 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW
Doddles

Remember, ESA is not a walking test, it is a Mobility test! In addition to your walking, it considers your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair over the same distances, you do not need to be using a wheelchair or even to own one for it to be considered. SO even if you can show your walking is restricted unless you can also show that you cannot self-propel the wheelchair you will still not score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239116 by Doodles
Replied by Doodles on topic WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW
Hi Gordon
An update on my hubby's UC LCW mandatory reconsideration. After waiting 19 weeks for their decision, the new decision maker disagreed with the original decision maker and has awarded my husband LCWRA element.
He said he had looked at all the evidence submitted with the original claim along with all the new evidence and revised the original decision.
He said he had also taken into account my husband's PIP mobility decision and functional report from the PIP assessor. The information submitted to PIP was the same as WCA and PIP had awarded standard mobility.
Mark was awarded the 15 points for the mobility descriptor to qualify for LCWRA.
He said he had also given weight to the doctor's letter I submitted for my hubby and my statement to say how his day to day life is.
I just want to say thank you to you all. This site gave me all the information I needed to submit my husbands MR to the best I could. I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
4 years 5 months ago #239120 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW
Hi Doodles

Many congratulations on achieving a successful outcome for your husband's ESA at Mandatory Reconsideration. Great to hear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @ESA @MR

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.