× Members

PIP Review

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #228714 by Harishah
PIP Review was created by Harishah
Hello,

Atos have had my review forms for three weeks but as yet I have had no letters asking me to attend a face to face nor am I aware if they are doing a paper based review.
I thought that I would have had letter by now requesting a face to face if they are doing one. What is the waiting time for for face to face appoitments? any ideas anyone?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #228720 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review

Hari wrote: What is the waiting time for for face to face appoitments? any ideas anyone?

Kind regards

We used to quote 2-4 weeks but 6-8 is more like it at the moment although there are regional variations and cities tend to be quicker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harishah

More
4 years 11 months ago #229837 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP Review
Gordon,

I have heard nothing so far regarding the progress of my review either from DWP who have had my forms and supporting evidence since December 2018 or ATOS who have had them since beginning of March 2019 and we now into May.

I wrote a formal complaint letter to DWP a couple of weeks ago making it clear about my corners at this lengthy delay and even though they have enough supporting evidence to make a decision I was prepared to go to another face to face assessment if they so wished. However I have no replies to my complaint letter.

I am not sure if I should make a formal complaint to ATOS as I have already made one to DWP and I assume they would have notified ATOS this.

I addressed my complaint letter to the address that was on my PIP review so I don't know if this was the correct address to use or there is a separate address for complaints.

I really am at a loss as to how I can get the DWP or even ATOS to deal with my review either by paper based or face to face review whichever route they want to go by.

Any advise on how I can get this lengthy delay of my review to be dealt with because it seems at the moment even my complaint is having no effects.

Thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #229844 by Gordon
HAri

A complaint isn't going to make them review you any faster, you are in a queue with a load of other claimants many of whom are probably are pushing for an early appointment as well.

The DWP don't have anything to do with the assessment process other than initiating it.

You could try involving your MP but you will need to show it is affecting your health or you are in financial distress.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231330 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP Review
I had my assessment last week and had a message from DWP advising me that they had received my assessment report and it could be upto 6 weeks for a decision. In the meantime I requested a copy of the report which I have duly received.

The report is not negative in anyway but there are some discrepancies in a few categories of what was discussed and written contradicting the points recommendation by health assessor.

Although the DWP case manager has yet to make a decision I have written to them politely advising them of the discrepancies in the relevant categories and they need to be reviewed before a final decision is made on what to award.

I was not sure if you could write before a decision is made but as I have already sent the letter I hope they do not hold this against me?

I will welcome any advise or suggestions on this.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231347 by Gordon
Hari

Don't worry about your writing to the Decision Maker, if they did not want comments to be made then they should not release the report before the Decision is made.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.