× Members

PIP Review

More
4 years 10 months ago #231438 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP Review
Gordon,

Thank you for your advice.

Hopefully DWP case manager will look at the points i have raised on categories where I believe there is a discrepancy and make the correct decision.

However to be on the safe side I am preparing my case for a MR if I have to go down this route. I have not had to do this so I am a little apprehensive as to what to write. I am not sure with a MR I should mentions all the categories even where the points awards are correct or just mention the categories which I am disputing.

Can you advice on this so that I can prepare up my MR in advance which I hope I do not have to do but want to be ready for if needed.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231441 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Review
Hi Hari

If you click on the 'Members Only Guides' and then 'ESA and UC appeals' it will give you a Step-by-step guide to mandatory revisions and appeals for ESA and UC.

I did try to do a short cut link for you but for some reason I could not get it to work

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232732 by Harishah
Very Strange.

I received a text from DWP on 24 May stating they had received a wriiten report of my PIP assessment and would write to me once a decision is made. I had also written a letter to the DWP stating discrepencies in the report whcih they need to look at before making a final decision.

I have received the same text. message today, 20 June which I find very strange. Is it possible DWP Case manager could have had ATOS look at re-write the report based on my letter of discrepencies or just a duplicate message their system has thrown up?

Any feedback on this would be helpful as I find it very strange to receive the same text message within a matter of few weeks.

Thanks

More
4 years 10 months ago #232743 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review
Hari

I'm afraid it is likely that this letter and text have been sent in error, we regularly see members report these in response to the DWP receiving their MR request,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #233108 by Harishah
I have today recieved my award letter from DWP. I have been awarded enhanced rate under daily living activities and standard rate under mobilty.

Although, I am happy with the award and I thinking of seeking a mandatory reconsideration becuase I have not been awarded any or less points than I should have under the dailiy living. I have been awarded no points under planning a journey although I made it clear in my assessement that I encounter psychlogical distress when undertaking an unfamiliar journey and I always have a member of my family with for support when undertaking such journeys. This statement was also supported by my broter who had accompanied to the assessment. So cleary there is a discrepency in no points being awarded. Also I have bowel and bladder incontinence and become very anxious not knowing where the nearest toilet and i beleive this should have been taken into account?

In the summary of the award letter the case manager has quoted "I cannot consider awarding you PIP for any help you need for anything not covered by the daily living or mobility activities, including ability to work, being near to a toilet, getting in and out of a car, stairs, use of taxis or public transport, walking on slopes or uneven surfaces and weather conditions! I do not agree with this comment becuase I believe that is these have an affect on carrying out dailiy activities or mobility then it should be taken into account. Please correct me if i am wrong with this assumption.

Although, I know asking for a Mandaory Reconsideration is going to mean that DWP will look my case all over again and pssibly change my award I believe I have a good case for them to review this again and award the correct number of points that I deserve. If there is an alternative to getting DWP to look at the award and points allocated without going down the route of a Mandatory reconsideration I am not aware of it so would welcome any suggestions offered.

Thanks

More
4 years 9 months ago #233117 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review
Hari

We are usually restricted in the advice we can give but this is a case where I will break the rules. Please do not request a Mandatory Reconsideration based on the points that you did not score for the Daily Living component, there is no value to your doing so even if they look at it and you are risking your losing points and the award for no value to you.

Obviously, if you want to request an MR for the Mobility component then this is a different matter.

I am afraid the issues that the DM has referred to in the Decision Letter are not considered for the Going Out activity even if you think that they are relevant to why you have problems.

The Going Out activity looks at three things.

Planning a route - this is primarily a cognitive or sensory (e.g. blindness) activity. You are being asked about the problems you would have with working out how to get from one place to another, you do not need to be able to follow the route that you are planning.

Undertaking a Journey - this is to do with mental health issues such as agoraphobia and social anxiety and is concerned with you leaving the house to go somewhere, they will be interested in the things that stop you doing this. You need to show that you would suffer "overwhelming psychological distress" to meet the criteria.

Following a route - This activity about the problems you would have navigating a route. So are there problems; cognitive, sensory or mental health issues that would prevent you from doing this? This is different from undertaking a journey, in fact, if you cannot undertake a journey then you will not score points for following one and vice versa.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.