× Members

Identifying People for 10 Year Light Touch of PIP

More
4 years 11 months ago #228913 by Asbo
Good afternoon

I think in one of your newsletters you mentioned that the DWP were a few months back identifying people with PIP enhanced for both elements and whose conditions were unlikely to improve for a light touch every ten years.

I don't think it's a coincidence that many people who were previously on enhanced for both DL and mobility for their previous award are now having there PIP reduced at PIP review. I think my assessor was 'instructed' to reduce both my elements. In fact she has recommended I have no mobility when I've been getting it for 20 years (mainly on DLA) and now I have more conditions than I've ever had my assessor recommends me having only standard for one and none for the other? How does that work? She reduced my points the most (from the previous assessment) in areas that would have given me enhanced on both whereas the other descriptors remained unchanged from previously. It was obvious she had been told to reduce my award because her reasons for doing so were laughable and not at all convincing and all supposition. She even contradicted her own notes.

I wonder if other members in the forum have had similar?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cat in a hat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229105 by Cat in a hat
Replied by Cat in a hat on topic Identifying People for 10 Year Light Touch of PIP
Yes, I recently transitioned from a lifetime award of DLA for which I got Middle rate care/Low rate mobility.
Under the PiP decision, I got nothing for Daily living and enhanced for mobility. Since my original DLA was awarded 20 years ago, I have since had a brain aneurysm, two strokes, and now have a heart problem( Aventricular tachycardia) in addition to a lifelong and incurable neurological disability. So despite my health worsening, my benefits have reduced. I was awarded 5 points for daily living and 12 for Mobility. Whilst I'm pleased to have been awarded enhanced mobility, its a blow to have lost the care component of DLA (or daily living component under PIP). Am currently awaiting a decision for my Mandatory reconsideration. Good luck with your case.

Think like a proton, always positive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asbo

More
4 years 11 months ago #229196 by JANEVANS02
Replied by JANEVANS02 on topic Identifying People for 10 Year Light Touch of PIP
Yes years ago I also was awarded lifetime DLA nothing for care but high rate for mobility so had a Motability car for years then when transferred to PIP they reduce my mobility to standard so lost car but they gave me standard care rate and award said it was for 3 years ending 19 October 2019 but they sent me for re-assessment in March this year award stayed same for both but it is only for 6 months so will have to go through re-assessment all over again in no time !!!

Will it ever end, I am 66 this year so hope they may put me in the light touch group fingers crossed

More
4 years 11 months ago #229211 by Chris
I've been on Enhanced mobility and that was taken away at the last review. After MR, I was awarded standard. Appeal now...

More
4 years 11 months ago #229261 by Sassykins
I would recommend everyone to get in touch with their MP’s as the government are trumpeting their 10 years soft touch, but this is open to interpretation and abuse both by ATOS and by the decision makers coveniently taking the recommendations from ATOS (who have a conflict of interests) and the results are people who are desrving are not getting the 10 year soft touch.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229573 by Asbo
Sorry to hear Cat In A Hat, and apologies for late reply.

I'm really sorry you have lost some of your award. I am currently doing an MR and thought it might be more mobility that people are losing and I started a new post about that. But appears not in your case. But don't know what age you are. People approaching 60 or in their 60s seem to be losing mobility for reasons I put in that post.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.