× Members

Assessment

More
4 years 11 months ago #229482 by Rosserd
Replied by Rosserd on topic Assessment
My GP is useless! They have a blanket policy for the surgery which stipulates they will not write letters for DWP There’s a notice in the wall in the waiting room. I asked him about it and he said he sits on the tribunal panels and it’s up to the DWP to request further information. I phoned the appointment line yesterday and explained but they said if I don’t get a letter from my GP I will have to attend the centre or risk losing my benefit.

I have no idea how I’m going to make it to the appointment. I have a double fracture in my left ankle. I’m on a waiting list for a surgical repair so walking or even standing is extremely painful. I can’t use crutches because my joints are all prone to subluxation
I have a number if other medical issues the most significant being Sjögren’s syndrome which causes extreme exhaustion. Previously at these appointments I’ve been kept waiting for up to an hour so I’m really worried it’s going to extremely difficult to get through. I’ve tried calling the DWP for the last two days but I can’t get through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment
Daniel

There's unlikely to be any value in your contacting the DWP, assessment decisions lie with the Assessment Provider.

Does the AP know that your ankle if broken it may help you to get a taxi paid for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #229624 by Rosserd
Replied by Rosserd on topic Assessment
Hi Gordon

I thought I sent a reply yesterday and I’ve been waiting for the moderator to check it but perhaps it didn’t go through!

No my doctor has a blanket policy on not writing letters for DWP they even have a leaflet on the wall! He is head of the practice and works on the tribunal panel! He insists the DWP must write to them.

Can I ask for clarification,

If you qualify for ESA via rule 35 and also scored points does that meet the criteria for exemption from re-assessment?

I’m sorry but I’m still confused who is exemptunder rule 35

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #229644 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment

Daniel wrote: Can I ask for clarification,

If you qualify for ESA via rule 35 and also scored points does that meet the criteria for exemption from re-assessment?

I’m sorry but I’m still confused who is exemptunder rule 35

I'm sorry but as I have already explained, Regulation 35, with or without points, does not offer any exemption from assessment and never has.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosserd

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.