× Members

PIP Justin Tomlinson Ages of the 375 550 by range?

More
4 years 11 months ago #229548 by apples6
Q continuing please :
And Conversely?
Current DLA claimants not age 65 at 8.4.2013 though arriving at age 65 on the 9.4.2013 now age 71 years (others between 65 to 70years + now. would still go over to PIP?
A recent up rating letter for this year 2019=2020 I saw said :
cEven if on DLA and with an indefinite or Lifetime award will be " invited " to PIP from 2015 though the date on this letter was of 2019.

One of the reasons I am asking re the fine details as someone "in the industry" of benefits asked me and I decided Benefits and Work would have or be able to source the specifics
Lastly I did not know there were any some DLA claimants (65 on 8.4.2013 or earlier that had a fixed term award? Does it then become Lifetime and or Indefinite?
My view the above first mentioned is a very unequal policy/ others are unfortunately available also.

thank you again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229549 by Gordon
Apple

If the person was under 65 on 8 April 2013 then they will be invited to claim PIP even if they are 65 or over when this happens.

DLA wards with a Fixed Term will be reviewed and an appropriate award made, this may be another Fixed Term award or an Indefinite one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #229663 by apples6
Hi not sure if this was sent (or 1 similar)
Does Indefinite( in previous reply by Gordon) mean that the award that is indefinite of DLA is just vague and is usurped by the DLA to PIP for those not 65 on by 1 day only 8 4 2013.Though might have been 65 on 9.4.2013 and now over 71 years of age, still for being pushed over to PIP.

Thank you expecting this to be the last one on "lengthy" topic many thanks

More
4 years 10 months ago #229698 by Gordon
Apple

As I have e already explained, if you were under 65 on 8 April 2013 then you will be invited to claim PIP even if you now over 65. Once an invitation to claim PIP has been issued you cannot retain your DLA after a Decision on your PIP claim has been made, whatever that Decision might be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.