× Members

esa had been stopped

More
4 years 11 months ago #229441 by chelle
esa had been stopped was created by chelle
i had a work capability assessment recently and got a letter from the dwp to say that they have stopped my esa because the assessment shows that i am capable of doing some work. it says although i may have a disability, illness, or health condition im now capable of doing some work. i have a depressive illness and anxiety disorder and have pains in my legs although i can walk, they give me pain. i have no other income coming in. i am on housing benefit and council tax support. i have phoned them to let them know what has happened. i have to put it in writing and send them the last two of my bank statements. i am very worried about the whole situation i have seen my doctor to get some medication for my nerves i have asked him to write a letter on my behalf to support me on this. i have wrote to the dwp to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and i am still waiting. what happens to my housing benefit now? best wishes chelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229451 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa had been stopped
chelle

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You should be able to continue to receive Housing Benefit on the basis of a Nil Income claim, you may lose the Council Tax Support if it was dependant on your ESA award.

If you need help with your MR then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #229457 by chelle
Replied by chelle on topic esa had been stopped
hi Gordon, thank you for the nice warm welcome, i have never done anything like this before so all this forum stuff is all new to me.. i will browse the FAQ in due course. thank you for offering to help me with my MR. i shall reply to this post soon. it means so much

thank you for being so helpful

chelle:)

More
4 years 11 months ago #229527 by TheMerlin486
Replied by TheMerlin486 on topic esa had been stopped
you are in a friendly place with sound advice. Stay positive and do not be afraid to post questions. Nobody here will judge.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229690 by chelle
Hi Merlin486 thanks for that nice message i am trying to stay positive, but it aint easy i am trying

to keep my head above water & awaiting for a support letter from my gp. which i hope will be ready soon. my mandatory reconsideration is being processed apparently going to take 10 working days. When i get the letter from my gp do you think i should send it off to them straight away or hang on to it? best wishes chelle

More
4 years 11 months ago #229773 by chelle
Hello gordon i am waiting for a letter from my doctor, hopefully it should be done this week
when i get it, should i just send it off straight away? and photo copy it, or hold on to it incase
i need to appeal

chelle

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.