× Members

Light touch awards

More
5 years 23 hours ago #229507 by lizzie23
Light touch awards was created by lizzie23
Sorry to bother you as I know you are all very busy but wondered whether you had heard when we are to be advised about the transition to the light touch awards? I rang helpline as I am over 65 and they said that a note had been made on my screen that I was on a light touch award but to date I have had no written confirmation. Any news on when the letters are to be issued? Thanks for your continuing fabulous help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 23 hours ago #229512 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Light touch awards
Lizzie

If you have been switched to a Light Touch review then they will write to you as this requires a change of award. If it is showing on the computer then I would guess a couple of weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lizzie23

More
5 years 21 hours ago #229531 by apples6
Replied by apples6 on topic Light touch awards
Dear Lizzie
Would you mind saying please It what your age is currently? thank you if so,
If you look at recent posts, you will see some questions I have put in general re DLA for those reaching 65 " 8.4.2013. "remaining "on DLA
And those reaching 65 any second after on 9.4.2013 being taken off of DLA and obligated to be on PIP by being reassessed. .
Thank you Apples6

More
5 years 17 hours ago #229547 by lizzie23
Replied by lizzie23 on topic Light touch awards
I am 65. I am currently on pip which was migrated from DLA. As i said previously, I rang the helpline to see whether the new guidlines for over 65 year olds applied to me and I was told it did. Hence my reason for contacting Gordon. Thanks for your text.

More
5 years 17 hours ago #229550 by apples6
Replied by apples6 on topic Light touch awards
Thank you very much Lizzie
The weird whacky world of PIP and DlA & DWP Peverse Policies,with age only relevant when it suits:
as 65 counts if on PIP and a 65 counts for "Light Touches " if 65 on 8.4.2013 and for DLA nearly " No touches " respectively, though does not count if still on DLA age 65 and above though not yet "hauled" over to PIP!
Very Best Wishes
Apples 6

More
4 years 11 months ago #229669 by housemouse93
Replied by housemouse93 on topic Light touch awards
Hi, I was already 67 on lifetime DLA when I received the “invitation” to transfer to PIP. Which I did in the autumn last year. I have HR for mobility HR for care, but I’m to be reviewed anytime after November this year. I’m sure I needn’t tell you my conditions will never improve and the HR said I would deteriorate which is their reason for this review date. Even though my award points are more than needed for the highest awards, it wouldn’t take a genius work out this is huge waste of time and resources. I take my hat off to anyone brave enough to phone and ask about light touch, bet it’s not on my file though.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.