× Members

Light touch awards

More
4 years 11 months ago #229712 by lizzie23
Replied by lizzie23 on topic Light touch awards
Hello Gordon and members, I am afraid I must update my previous text. I did ring to ask about the light touch awards for pensioners and I was told that it was on my screen that as I am now over 65 I was eligible and a letter would be issued in the spring. I the rang last week as no letter has been received. To my horror, there was no note of my conversation on my screen and the existing review next April still stands! I escalated my complaint and I have been advised that whilst Amber Rudd promised that no pensioners are to be reviewed regularly, they have not yet received the instructions on how this is to be implemented. No reason was given as to why I was given the incorrect information in the first place. Therefore it would appear that pensioners on Pip will have to wait until they receive instructions on how the new rules are to be implemented. My apologies for the incorrect information but this is what was said to me via the helpline. Only hope that it will be sorted out soon as the stress of these assesments is unbearable.
E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229731 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Light touch awards
Lizzie

A Light Touch review is associated with an On-Going award so those with Fixed Term awards are going to be reassessed as normal at least one more time unless the current award is revised, we have had a couple of members report that their existing awards revised to an On-Gojng one, so awards are being looked at. I would not expect the call centre staff to be involved in this process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.