× Members

PIP Face to Face Assessment

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #229511 by Michelle.garwood34
PIP Face to Face Assessment was created by Michelle.garwood34
I have been on DLA indefinitely for over 10 years and received the dreaded PIP forms. I returned the forms last Wednesday and had a text on Thursday midday to say then had been received. I have now received a further text to say there are appointments in my area for an assessment within the next 7 days to phone up for an appointment. Do they not read the claim forms and additional information before deciding on who needs a face to face assessment? It seems to quick for this to have happened as it was a bank holiday on Friday and Monday. I have an appointment on Monday and I'm petrified.

The form never asked about dependants can they ask me about dependants at the face to face? I have two dependants and just worry that this would go against me regarding looking after children.

Can they also ask me about work I just work 16 hours a week as I'm not able to work longer than this due to my health problems. can they quiz me about my job?

Thank you

Michelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229516 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment
Shell

They are trying to fill holes in their assessor's diaries, they will not have looked at your file. as these are short notice appointments you can ignore the text as you do not have to accept any these dates.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #229517 by Gordon
Shell

They are trying to fill holes in their assessor's diaries, they will not have looked at your file. as these are short notice appointments you can ignore the text as you do not have to accept any these dates.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #229521 by Michelle.garwood34
Replied by Michelle.garwood34 on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment
Gordon,

I have already accepted a date for Monday as I thought it best to get it over and done with as I am only delaying the inevitable! Do you think I shouldn't have accepted then willl it affect anything?

On my original post I also asked about dependants and work would you be able to answer these questions for me as well.

Thank you

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #229523 by Michelle.garwood34
Replied by Michelle.garwood34 on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment
Hi Gordon

Do you want think I should cancel my appointment on Monday and say I will wait until my file has been read by the DM?

Thanks

Shell

More
4 years 11 months ago #229537 by Gordon

Shell25 wrote: Gordon,

I have already accepted a date for Monday as I thought it best to get it over and done with as I am only delaying the inevitable! Do you think I shouldn't have accepted then willl it affect anything?

On my original post I also asked about dependants and work would you be able to answer these questions for me as well.

Thank you

If you are happy with the Monday appointment then I would not cancel it, you only have two opportunities to attend so if you do cancel then you will have to attend the new appointment wherever or whenever it is arranged for.

Yes, if you have children then you will be asked about how they affect your limitations in regard to the PIP activities.

Ditto for working.

So think about the things you do for your children and the work that you do, including travel to and from it, if it conflicts, how do you manage and still meet the criteria defined in the PIP Descriptors?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.