× Members

PIP Face to Face Assessment

More
4 years 11 months ago #229545 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment

Shell25 wrote: Hi Gordon

Do you want think I should cancel my appointment on Monday and say I will wait until my file has been read by the DM?

Thanks

Shell

If they have contacted you for an assessment then the DM has already reviewed your file and decided that they cannot make a Decision without an assessment report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michelle.garwood34
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #229564 by Michelle.garwood34
Replied by Michelle.garwood34 on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. As my assessment is on Monday I rang PIP to confirm with them that the assessor would have all my details of my disability in time for the appointment on Monday. I was advised that they do not give them any details about the claimant as they are independent. Is this true? I knew they were independent but I thought they would have some details regarding my disability. I'm sure I have previously read that people have been quizzed regarding their answers on the PIP form.

With regard to planning a route if they ask me if I can do this I can't but but does it include the local shops . As My local shops are basically at the bottom of my road so therefore I would know how to get there but wouldn't be able to walk there as it's 200 metres away. I answered the form thinking about planning a longer journey? How would I answer this question as I feel that this is not planning a journey.

Thanks for your help

Shell

More
4 years 11 months ago #229594 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment
Shell

I don't know why they would tell you this but it is not true, the assessor has a copy of all of the documents that are relevant to your claim and at the very least your claim form and all the information that you attached to it.

You cannot score for the Going Out activity due to physical issues so your being unable to walk to your local shops will not help you gain any points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.