× Members

First ESA re-application in ten years

More
4 years 10 months ago #230367 by hippyhappy
First ESA re-application in ten years was created by hippyhappy
I have been in support group for ten years. I don't know why....I don't know why I have never heard from them other than the odd letter. I have bipolar mood disorder.
It has instantly made me ill and I have had to receive emergency medical treatment asva result. The very fact of having to reapply is a significant risk factor.
I cannot face going over it all with a stranger.
How do people get through this? I have an appointment with a welfare rights worker but he is brusk and efficient. ...I fear him. I do not trust him. My gp will not give me a letter....my cpn might not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230374 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic First ESA re-application in ten years
hippyhappy

Speak to your GP to see whether they will support a Paper Based Review and even the possibility of your not having to complete the ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hippyhappy

More
4 years 10 months ago #230382 by hippyhappy
Replied by hippyhappy on topic First ESA re-application in ten years
Thank you. Would my CPN be able to do it? She knows me best.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230384 by Gordon
hippyhappy

Yes, they will need to write to the Assessment Provider and to also be prepared to answer any additional questions that they might have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hippyhappy

More
4 years 10 months ago #230770 by marnie
Replied by marnie on topic First ESA re-application in ten years
I'm sorry for tagging onto this thread but I have very similar circumstances/difficulties.
You mention "you may not have to fill in ESA50" in what situation does this happen?
Thanks

More
4 years 10 months ago #230838 by Gordon

marnie wrote: I'm sorry for tagging onto this thread but I have very similar circumstances/difficulties.
You mention "you may not have to fill in ESA50" in what situation does this happen?
Thanks

There are very limited circumstances where an ESA50 does not have to be completed, the claimant needs to be flagged as having severe mental health issues with a risk of harm to them if the form was required.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: marnie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.