× Members

Hi all - need advice following failed MR for PIP

More
4 years 10 months ago #230979 by Gordon
Brian

Try phoning first, if it is still held locally, which it should be due to the recent Decision then they can just send you a copy but if it has already been moved to offsite storage then you may need to make a Subject Access Request.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian1966

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230980 by Brian1966
Replied by Brian1966 on topic Hi all - need advice following failed MR for PIP
Thats fantastic Gordon, really appreciate all your help thus far. I will now leave you in peace for a few days.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231083 by Brian1966
Hi Gordon - can you please clarify for me which descriptors were looked at again by DWP following the 2 court rulings - MH v DWP and RJ v DWP.

I want to focus the appeal on these descriptors and don't want to bog it down with issues outside these too much unless other circumstances in other descriptors support the case. I want to be as concise and clear as I can at this stage.

Thanks

More
4 years 10 months ago #231110 by Gordon
Brian

Descriptors (c), (d) and (f) were affected.

c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.
f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231430 by Brian1966
Hi - just popped in to say that the appeal has been lodged. Thank you for your invaluable advice. I am now off to recover myself as it's been a long, hard, studious slog to get it all together ready for submission. We have gone down the online route but have decided that we won't attend the hearing as it would be too much for my wife to handle in reality. Hopefully that won't change things too much in the process as I have been really detailed in the arguments against the original decision of the MR.

All we can do now is sit and wait with everything crossed for a positive outcome....

More
4 years 10 months ago #231609 by Brian1966
Reading a lot of info saying that there is very little chance of winning paper appeals (ie not attending tribunal face to face). Can you speak from your experiences how true this is?
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.