× Members

Hi all - need advice following failed MR for PIP

More
4 years 10 months ago #231610 by Gordon

Brian1966 wrote: Reading a lot of info saying that there is very little chance of winning paper appeals (ie not attending tribunal face to face). Can you speak from your experiences how true this is?
Thanks

The success rate is certainly lower but it is most certainly not close to zero.

Try and ignore the statistics, they are looking at a large number of appeals, not a single one and they are looking at appeals from claimants who may have had no assistance with their appeal and consequently may not have realistically stood a change of an award in the first place,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231611 by Brian1966
Replied by Brian1966 on topic Hi all - need advice following failed MR for PIP
So in reality it MAY improve our chances but if the submission is strong enough then it would stand pretty much as good a chance as if we attended? My wife really doesnt want to go as she has not only the agoraphobia to overcome but also the fairly high probability that the stress will trigger a bad episode of her ME symptoms.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231612 by Gordon
Brian

Yes, in reality, it is the quality of the arguments that you make not the statistics that matter.

If your wife has agoraphobia then it might actually be a disadvantage if she attended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LucyPosy68

More
4 years 10 months ago #231614 by Brian1966
Replied by Brian1966 on topic Hi all - need advice following failed MR for PIP
It certainly would be for her wellbeing thats for sure!

Thats reassuring though thank you Gordon. At least if it isn't successful she won't feel it's her fault for not being able to go, which has been on her mind a lot. I guess it's all down to the people on the panel and their outlook as to the submission we have made the same as if we were there as I am sure they have pretty much made their minds up prior to the hearing after reading the case anyway....

I will report back once we know the outcome, but regardless we are so lucky to have resources like these for support and advice. I have massive respect for you all.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231622 by Ellen
I had a telephone tribunal hearing. Surely they must be getting to the point they can do FaceTime hearings now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.