× Members

ESA/PIP Severe Disability Premium Backpay?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231130 by MattS91
Replied by MattS91 on topic ESA/PIP Severe Disability Premium Backpay?
I've seen posted elsewhere over the last 2 days that once the IS10 form is with a decision maker they have 6 days to make a decision is that correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231137 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP Severe Disability Premium Backpay?

Housebound wrote: I've seen posted elsewhere over the last 2 days that once the IS10 form is with a decision maker they have 6 days to make a decision is that correct?

There may be a procedural requirement but there is certainly no legal requirement for a Decision to be made in six days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231146 by Waylay
Replied by Waylay on topic ESA/PIP Severe Disability Premium Backpay?
Mine took 24 days from filling out the form over the phone to receiving the money, and that was in January or February (in case that helps).

More
4 years 11 months ago #231239 by MattS91
Been told because the form was done over the phone they have 6 days to make a decision but like Gordon has said that isn't a legal requirement. Main thing that worries me that I won't get it is the underlying entitlement that my parent gets for me. But a few of the call handlers at ESA have said that shouldn't cause any issues.

I'm on income related ESA since 2013
I'm on PIP daily living and mobility since 2014
The parent/guardian who I live with has been on Attendance Allowance since September 2016 and gets an underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance which just adds a premium onto his Pension Credit

Surely I have all the requirements for SDP hopefully the decision goes in my favour.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231272 by Gary
Hi Housebound

See Gordon's earlier post

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231293 by MattS91
Just received a phone call from the DWP DM awared SDP from 2016-29th May 2019 backpay in the region of £8900 which seem's little high. She did have to do some digging around because there systems were showing I was only entitled from 2018, glad its sorted now Thanks Gordon for your help and input
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.