× Members

ESA on to UC... No choice?

More
4 years 11 months ago #232953 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA on to UC... No choice?
Oscarab

So if you were in the WRAG then you would be entitled to the LCW element in UC, the LCWRA element would be for members of the Support Group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232973 by Oscarab
Replied by Oscarab on topic ESA on to UC... No choice?
How is this fair or right? I am getting half of what I was getting before?! Can I do anything about this?

Am I entiled to an assessment?

If they are our rights, why do we have to fight for them?

More
4 years 11 months ago #232974 by Gordon
Oscarab

Have you tried putting your information into one of the online calculators to see what you should be receiving?

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

You can notify the DWP of a Change of Circumstances and ask to be reassessed. Do you reasonably meet any of the LCWRA (SG) Descriptors?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233231 by Oscarab
Thank you agin

I have been told today that until i attend an appointment my payments will stay the same (I am waiting for a home appointment to come through which has been dealyed by the HAAS.

UC have also said that I am getting ESA?! I can't have the two paid together can I? I thought UC overtook the ESA?

I am so confused it is unreal!

More
4 years 11 months ago #233247 by Gordon
Oscarab

You can receive Contribution Based ESA with your UC, it will be deducted from the UC, is it possible that this is why your UC is lower then you expected?

Gordon

More
4 years 11 months ago #233327 by Oscarab
The told me today that this is case - even though I was told that I could ot claim ESA and UC it was one or the other - no wonder its a mess!

BUT - I was on/am on ESA WRAG but they say I do not get this under UC unless I am awarded it, yet they say my ESA claim has been transferred over as what I got before...

Why is this so complicated and unnecessary?

I was also told I get paid fortnightly but my next pay date is not until 13.07!! I got paid 3 weeks ago....

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.