× Members

How long does a PIP face to face last?

More
4 years 9 months ago #232897 by LilacGem
How long does a PIP face to face last? was created by LilacGem
I know how long it takes will differ a bit for everyone, but what, in B&W's experience, the shortest/longest has been.

I'm in Capita area & their website says "usually takes up to an hour, but it could take longer depending on your circumstances".

Which is ambiguous... So should i plan for 1.5hrs, 3hrs? does anyone have any idea what 'longer' means?
I ask because my carer has to leave at different times on different days & i dont want to run out of time & her have to leave me alone with them!

I've not included this in my main PIP thread as it's not specifically related to my own claim & i thought i might help someone else, many apologies if that was wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232899 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic How long does a PIP face to face last?
Hi Camly91

You were not wrong to put this question in a separate thread.

However many people respond to your thread, it's still difficult to get a clear picture of how long an assessment lasts because it does depend on your condition, how much information you supplied on your form, the assessor themselves, what you say in the assessment and any points the assessor may want to clarify.

Three people I personally know of have had assessments of between an hour and an hour and a half.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
4 years 9 months ago #233031 by ROSAMARIA
Replied by ROSAMARIA on topic How long does a PIP face to face last?
Hi.
I don't want to worry you but forewarned is forearmed.
My assessment went on for 3 hours 40 minutes. The assessor still had not finished but both myself and my Community Psychiatric Nurse who had accompanied me said I could not go on..
This was on a swap from DLA to PIP.
The good news is that I was successful so I guess you can say that it was worth it. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
4 years 9 months ago #233034 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic How long does a PIP face to face last?
Hi RosaMaria.

Wow! That was a marathon.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #233403 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic How long does a PIP face to face last?

RosaMaria wrote: Hi.
I don't want to worry you but forewarned is forearmed.
My assessment went on for 3 hours 40 minutes. The assessor still had not finished but both myself and my Community Psychiatric Nurse who had accompanied me said I could not go on..
This was on a swap from DLA to PIP.
The good news is that I was successful so I guess you can say that it was worth it. Good luck.

Rosa Maria thank you so much for sharing that! - i'm sorry you had to go through it but as you say forewarned is forearmed.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233416 by elisort
Replied by elisort on topic How long does a PIP face to face last?
Another word of warning from me - They don't always start on time either. You could be waiting hours before you get called in. Mine was the first of the day, and we got called in nearly an hour late for that!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem, ivyfox

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.