× Members

How long does a PIP face to face last?

More
4 years 9 months ago #233717 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic How long does a PIP face to face last?
That's disgusting Ortrud. Thank you for sharing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236038 by LilacGem
Just for the benefit of anyone reading this thread wondering the same as I was, thought i'd share my experience..... My F2F was a home visit & lasted 1hr 40mins, which frankly, was not long enough. She was pleasant but clearly rushing through & looking for yes/no answers which simply don't exist for my conditions, so i'll be shocked if her report is accurate. But she was on time (well I think 10 mins late but traffic is bad in my town).

More
4 years 8 months ago #236054 by TD888
Replied by TD888 on topic How long does a PIP face to face last?
For the benefit of anyone reading, I initially did not need a F2F for my PIP as I was awarded it on paper. When the first review came up my assessment lasted less than 5 minutes, with the assessor clearly seeing how visibly uncomfortable I was, he also told me straight up, he was recommending they keep my award the same.

I have accompanied a friend to a PIP assessment at that same centre, they kept him there for over an hour, and intimidated him by bringing in a second assessor. (They ignored everything he said and awarded him 0 for everything, currently still in the Mandatory Reconsideration stage)

I think it really is luck of the draw in whether you get a nice, caring and compassionate assessor, or one who just sees you as another number.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
4 years 8 months ago #236071 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic How long does a PIP face to face last?
My last assessment was just over an hour and the one before was 3 hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
4 years 4 months ago #241225 by LilacGem
Just for the benefit of anyone else reading... it turned out my assessor was just 10 mins late (home visit & traffic bad lot of road works so that was ok with me). It lasted 1hr 10 mins. It was extremely rushed & with 3 separate conditions to take into account all of them affecting all but 1 of the descriptors... it should have taken much longer & would have been much more accurate. but she seemed stressed and desperate to get through it - like someone under pressure from thier boss.
But I came out with an acceptable result. Thanks to B&W
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.