× Members

Very confusing letter re ESA

More
4 years 11 months ago #233274 by Sharno
Very confusing letter re ESA was created by Sharno
Hi, I applied for New Style ESA on 4/4/19, completing the form at the Job Centre and assisted by the Personal Advisor. I was called23/5 for assessment on 14/6 in York, which I attended thanks to full support of a friend (a trip which took 5 hours). On 29/6, I received letter stating cannot get ESA because I have not paid or been credited with enough NIC using tax yrs ending 5/4/17 & 5/4/18. (t/c to NIC contributions verbally confirms that I have and are sending me a statement)The letter then states they may credit me with NIC while claiming ESA.
To continue to receive ESA I may need to attend work focus interview (have already done that) and may need to attend Work capability Assessment - that was done on 14/6.
Mandatory recon. t/c on hold for 45mins, got through to Adam, who was unable to see the letter, could not tell me where the NIC information had come from, and could not see that I'd been called for and attended assessment. Do you think I've got grounds for complaint as well as Mandatory recon? Am so stressed D&V.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233279 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Very confusing letter re ESA
S

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It's not unusual for the DWP's information to be out of synch with HMRC, I'm not sure that it is reason for a complaint.

If you can provide evidence that you do have the necessary Contributions in the required Tax Years then your claim should then proceed to a Decision on whether an award can be made with you requesting an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233284 by Sharno
Replied by Sharno on topic Very confusing letter re ESA
Thanks, I will be getting the proof from NICs - but I'm concerned that they don't know about the assessment (and so why have I had the letter ?) Also the letter itself is very confusing none of my family or friends can work it out. I'm struggling so badly with multiple conditions, one being diabetes and have very high blood sugar, made much worse today by D&V brought on by stress and worry.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233286 by Gordon
Sharno

If you do not have the Contributions for a NS ESA claim then the assessment does not matter and an award cannot be made so you need to sort this out first.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233289 by Sharno
Replied by Sharno on topic Very confusing letter re ESA
Hmm, well I would be very keen to know why I was called for an assessment before they even knew if I qualified.
Thanks anyway, I'll try and keep going!

More
4 years 11 months ago #233296 by Gordon

Sharno wrote: Hmm, well I would be very keen to know why I was called for an assessment before they even knew if I qualified.
Thanks anyway, I'll try and keep going!

It is unusual as the claim is normally refused earlier than this but it does continue on as a Credits Only claim with no payment but this is still dependant on your passing the assessment.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.