× Members

Very confusing letter re ESA

More
4 years 11 months ago #233529 by Sharno
Replied by Sharno on topic Very confusing letter re ESA
I got message from UC saying I had been assessed as unfit for work, will receive £336.20 in addition to UC claim, any backdated will be worked out. Letter should be here within 7 days. Job coach cancelled next booked appt. Man recon form arrived today, waiting for promised statement from NICS. Still confused!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233539 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Very confusing letter re ESA
Sharno

So you made a claim for UC as well as NS ESA?

The Limited Capability for Work element is £336.20 the element is the same as the ESA Support group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233571 by Sharno
Hi, I was already on UC, as self employed Child minder, but had to give that up due to ill health. So was told to apply for PIP and ESA. 4 April 19. Have been having fortnightly t/c appts from job coach to see how I'm doing, and monthly UC payments. So, confusion re letter about NICs saying not eligible, 2 days later UC message. Does it make sense to you?

More
4 years 11 months ago #233609 by Sharno
Yes, I've been on UC for about 2yrs as self employed childminder. Had to quit CM in March 19,told to apply for PIP and ESA. Had PIP f2f in May, zero score, man recon in (grossly incorrect). Had ESA f2f in June, got the letter about NIC payments on Sat, then got UC message about being paid on the Wed. Am I being dim?

More
4 years 11 months ago #233634 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Very confusing letter re ESA
Sharno

The UC and NS ESA are separate benefits although they share entitlement criteria. So the letter about your contributions has nothing to do with the UC payment and vice versa.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharno

More
4 years 11 months ago #233982 by Sharno
Hello, re all the above - I've now received statement from NICS which says the yrs ending 17 & 18 are Full. However, after checking via personal tax account, it says yr ending 17 includes 3 weeks voluntary contributions and that means I won't qualify for NS ESA. Does that mean I have to reapply? If so, for what? And who to?
Also, UC have sent me a message which says I'm getting ESA. I'm not! And also not getting the UC payment till August (waiting time?)
Regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.