× Members

AA/PIP and Pension credit

More
4 years 8 months ago #233699 by zaib
AA/PIP and Pension credit was created by zaib
Please help me about a question in Pension credit form does Applicant and /or partner
looks after somone receiving PIP or AA for 35 hours a week ?.
If one of the partners receives AA and the other PIP (both standard rate) and only they look after each other all the time . There is no carer ,no one else gives care to any of them , is yes to be ticked ? .
what is the relevance of this question ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233707 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic AA/PIP and Pension credit
zaib

This sounds like the criteria for the Severe Disability Premium, although not exactly. If you meet the criteria then it would mean additional money in your PC claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zaib

More
4 years 8 months ago #233981 by zaib
Replied by zaib on topic AA/PIP and Pension credit
Thanks for reply, Gordon . So it t may be about SDP . I tried to understand but it is very complicated for me. It seems to me even if we meet the SDP criterion by one of us being on AA and other on PIP ( both standard rates ) and we have not worked for over a year yet claim no other benefit , we have no carer and no one looks after us except each other , we may not get SDP part . We still seem to have to meet a further condition of no Non Dependant relative living in the same property ( which is rented by both together) . .
I do not understand the underlying reason of no SDP altogether, if Non Dependant Relative do not pay our share of rent or expenses .Moreover they have a family and would need any time left from work to look after needs of their family / child care needs . They have anyway little time left for household chores as they work 6 days a week including some days overtime .
So why should it cause no SDP for me and my partner because of a housing situation even if we could be otherwise within the criterion ? am I missing something?
Regards

More
4 years 8 months ago #234029 by Gordon
zaib

If you are living with a third person but doing so independently of them, they have their own rent book and living areas, then you should still be treated as living alone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zaib

More
4 years 5 months ago #239255 by zaib
Replied by zaib on topic AA/PIP and Pension credit
I dont know if asking more questions about pension credit is permissible here . But I am new to how benefits system works so I hope shall be excused .
On change of Rules to pension credit from 15 May this year , like many other couples who were previously not claiming it we also claimed in July retrospectively from May. It was approved mid August obviously all required information evidence provided with Application form .
My Question is how often are the reviews done . For example are there home visits evey one or 2 months to check self emplyed income if any previous years accounts and amount of savings ? Why previous year self employment accounts ? my claim is because of present income if any, as given in application form in July even if I had any income last year it would be irrelevant though I had none . Do any small changes to savings eg because we received pension credit arrears are to be taken as change of circumstances to be reported every month then ? is it such a headache to be faced so often . And should they not simply write a letter or email to ask for any information they may need for some reason ? why home visits after making a call on mobile only a day before ? How could I get annual accounts in day from the accountant . I am confused . Please advise
Zaib

More
4 years 5 months ago #239280 by Gordon
zaib

The DWP are not going to visit you every couple of months it is down to you to report any changes to your income to the DWP.

The savings limit for PC is £10,000, you need to any increases above this, the deductions for this are every £250 of savings in excess.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.