× Members

Pip Light Touch Review

More
4 years 8 months ago #234115 by Vivienne
Pip Light Touch Review was created by Vivienne
Hello

Does anyone know if the new light touch review will still involve being assessed in some way, or
is it just to check that all your details are the same?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #234126 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Light Touch Review
Vivienne

There is no information available on what a Light Touch review will consist of, the DWP has not even looked at it and may not for some time as the first LT review will not occur until 2023.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #234288 by Poollie1
Replied by Poollie1 on topic Pip Light Touch Review
Hope this helps. I've just been awarded the light touch with no review for at least 10 years. I asked DWP what this meant, their reply was you won't be assessed again for at least 10 years or in fact if ever because your condition won't change. If we do need to assess you we will just take a look at your paperwork and won't be the need for a face to face.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frogman

More
4 years 8 months ago #234329 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Pip Light Touch Review
Its such a shame DWP can't apply this to people in the ESA sg. Instead of constant repetitive WCA ESA re-assessments.

More
4 years 8 months ago #234332 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Light Touch Review

mrfibrospondodysthmatic wrote: Its such a shame DWP can't apply this to people in the ESA sg. Instead of constant repetitive WCA ESA re-assessments.

It's been possible for about a year for members of the ESA Support Group to be exempted from further assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

More
4 years 8 months ago #234334 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Pip Light Touch Review
Hi all,

Do you know, I am so torn as whether to send a letter from my GP he wrote for me in April last year along with all the ones he has written for me in the past.

He wrote me the one last year as a new assessment seemed imminant according to a call centre worker who I spoke to.

Finally I made another phone call and then was told I wouldn't be contacted until December this year.

The letter explains my severe anxiety and low mood which has not improved in the 8 years that he has known me despite strong medication. He explains that I have been referred to a special clinic as well.

He finishes the letter: He is not able to work in any capacity and would represent a significant liability if employed and that he doesn't consider any improvement in my condition long term.

In other letters he states it is a lifelong condition and that I never go out alone and cannot cope with change.

I know if I do send this I risk them sending for me so that is holding me back. All I'm doing at the moment is counting down the days to when I reach state pension age in 2.5 years time.

I suppose I'll wait till I get the form so hold out and send my letters then.

Surely then I will be spared any more assessments.

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.