× Members

PIP and Long term HIV

More
4 years 9 months ago #234272 by Martin Costelloe
Replied by Martin Costelloe on topic PIP and Long term HIV
Your imput here has been very helpful. Thank you so much pomaus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #234453 by Martin Costelloe
Replied by Martin Costelloe on topic PIP and Long term HIV
Does anyone know what the yellow star and flag that have appeared in my post mean please?

More
4 years 9 months ago #234562 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and Long term HIV

Martin Costelloe wrote: Does anyone know what the yellow star and flag that have appeared in my post mean please?

You've clicked on the Favourite button at the bottom of the page.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244313 by pjames216
Replied by pjames216 on topic PIP and Long term HIV
I was under a DS 1500 in 1997 as I had a very poor diagnosis and was not expected to live for more than months. Have mental health issues and suffer with PTSD, Anxiety and Depression. This is how I receive my benefits as I never returned back to work. Had a lot of mental health issues to get through and deal with. Yes am on HIV medications and my HIV is under control, We still went through a lot of issues and we lost so many people around us, Was not expected to see my 30th Birthday and I had my 50th last year. Been on ant depressants since my diagnosis and my first partner died in 1994.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244315 by pjames216
Replied by pjames216 on topic PIP and Long term HIV
Sadly it very hard to get benefits for HIV and HIV is not classed as a terminal illness these days, They class it as chronic illness. I receive ESA and PIP under Mental health. Had to fight and appeal over the years. Cant afford to loss these benefits, Lost High Mobility and Care 0ver 10 years back after they reviewed my DLA, We used to be exempt from reviews under the DS 1500. I recently got put back in Support Group ESA, Under the Regulation 35 rules. Also go a Blue Badge and I had to appeal it twice, Again I used the Regulation 35 rules as I had not been awarded any PIP. My DLA claim was being ended and my PIP claim was going through. Got PIP and they awarded me nothing for Mobility, Did Mandatory reconsideration and got Standard Mobility and I receive standard care, Its making more about what you can't do and need assistant with. Partner does all the cooking and shopping, All of my finances, Need reminding on bath/Washing. Need someone with me when attending appointments and when leaving the house. On my worse days I don't even get up or dressed and stay indoors and not even use the internet. They will knock points off you for tasks that you are able to do and you need to proof to them that you need constant supervision and care. Sadly my indefinite days are over and I have to be reviewed in 2 years time, Will have to go through it all over again. Would like to know how to get a 10 year award for PIP and a long award for ESA as my condition has never changed, DWP have made my condition worse with all the stress and hassle of claiming benefits. Even under the invisible disability rules it is still hard to get the correct amount of benefits, When I did my ESA claim they never even looked at the doctors supporting letter, My HIV consultant did a supporting letter and I was moved back in to Support group and I did not even need to appeal it. Surly anyone who has not worked for over 20 years and suffer with mental health issues should be exempt from all these reviews. They do nothing but make my condition worse.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244326 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP and Long term HIV
Hi Paul

Work and Pensions Secretary of State Amber Rudd announced in March 2019 that people receiving PIP who have reached State Pension age will no longer have their awards regularly reviewed, instead moving to a light touch review at 10 years. Unfortunately a lot of things have happened since the announcement, Amber Rudd resigned and we have had an election, we also have not yet been given a date when this will start.

ESA assessments can be anywhere from 3 months to two years for the WRAG and three years for the Support Group, you can find out when you are likely to be reassessed by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim, the information will be on your computer record, or requesting a copy of the assessment report.

www.gov.uk/government/news/thousands-of-...-assessment-overhaul
www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2019/may...d-people-pension-age
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3970-exis...ch-review-from-today

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pjames216

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.