× Members

Just what is overwhelming pychological distress?!

More
4 years 8 months ago #235912 by Maxit
Mosala,

I'm no expert but no, I personally wouldn't imagine the DWP would contact the DVLA, I don't know for sure though. The family members DVLA review was triggered as a result of a neurological condition but the licence was revoked on mental health grounds, such as anxiety. DVLA specifically used a phrase from what the GP had recorded on their medical file during a routine appointment "can become upset while driving and alone in own thought" or something very similar.

I had only mentioned it as the HCP is likely to ask about your driving and if you planned on using examples like the one you listed in your first post, I just wanted to warn you that if you tell such things to your GP or mental health team in order to gain evidence then there are possible consequences to this. Once it's in your medical file, if the DVLA (for whatever reason)
caught wind of it, it could cause you a lot of trouble to which you have no control over, once its in your file it's there for good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235913 by Maxit
Sorry, I missed that you state you were going to appeal. I would imagine the tribunal will at some point ask you about driving but I was commenting more on things that you may tell your GP and mental health team in order to gain evidence etc.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235930 by mosala
Maxit, Tribunal can't ask me about driving because I am not going in person. I will speak CAB again. Thanks again for highlighting this.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235931 by Ellen
Sorry if I confused you - the autism was just an example- opd isn't just limited to autism.

Have they offered you a telephone or FaceTime tribunal? I had a telephone one and it worked well.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235936 by Maxit

mosala wrote: Maxit, Tribunal can't ask me about driving because I am not going in person. I will speak CAB again. Thanks again for highlighting this.

Ah ok, hope it all works out for you :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

More
4 years 8 months ago #235962 by mosala
Ellen, I am doing a paper one.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.