× Members

Just what is overwhelming pychological distress?!

More
4 years 8 months ago #235988 by Ellen
My first one was a paper one ( I won), but it was much easier to explain my OCD , how things feel, answer their specific questions so they didn't make assumptions, or explain anything else directly to them. It was scary as I'm not good at all interacting, but it was worth it just to make sure I had clarified everything. The judge asked most of the questions,the DWP rep didn't say a word....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235990 by mosala
Ellen, I've done 2 on paper and won both. I find it easier to write than explain verbally. OCD is so difficult to explain to people who don't suffer with it. I have confidence in the CAB guy presenting the case for me.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235998 by Ellen
Good luck - hope it goes ok - I wasn't lucky enough to have a CAB rep or anyone helping me so was just doing it myself- hence no representative to go instead of me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

More
4 years 8 months ago #236161 by Perdita
Hi Mosala, From Cruella

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, I so hope I do not get rejected. I can barely cope with doing the Review form, OCD is so confusing to others but also to me! I am writing stuff down, and seeing how bizarre it all is, and then feeling ashamed because on paper I am sounding so ridiculous, and then panicking that the assessors will not believe it because it all sounds so ridiculous. Then I start thinking why am I like this when I can see on paper it is all irrational behavior!
It is the going out and the engaging with people descriptors that I struggle with - I am going round in circles with them, never ending OCD circles!

More
4 years 8 months ago #236173 by mosala
Oh I know exactly how you feel Cruela.We don't need this on top of the OCD. Can CAB help you? Even if you don't have their office near you, they will help over the phone.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris