× Members

copd

More
4 years 8 months ago #236535 by tony
Replied by tony on topic copd
Hi did you get put in support group ESA just for having copd or anything else. Also how did you manage to get pip high for care. I have heard its more difficult to get with pip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236545 by JJ
Replied by JJ on topic copd
Hi Tony
My partner does suffer with other ailments including DVT (Deep Veined Thrombosis),
The DVT was the first illness which prevented him from doing his job. He developed the COPD around 4 years ago. He was in the Support Group for his original problems.
Once your sick notes run out, then you should be able to apply for ESA. There should be a phase before you are assessed (not sure how long ?).
The DWP will then use their assessment process to decide if you qualify for either the Work Related Activity Group or the Support Group. For either one you will need 15 points. There is detailed information on the Members Guides on this site that can educate you on the difference between the groups, etc.
You mention your black outs, how often are these ?
See below copied from Members Guides:-

The descriptors: what the law says you score points for
10. Consciousness during waking moments.
(a) At least once a week, has an involuntary episode of lost or altered consciousness
resulting in significantly disrupted awareness or concentration. 15 points
(b) At least once a month, has an involuntary episode of lost or altered consciousness
resulting in significantly disrupted awareness or concentration. 6 points
(c) None of the above apply. 0 points
Black outs are categorised within this section.

You mention you receive the Enhanced Mobility for PIP, then this disability would have the potential to hold 15 points on the ESA Questionnaire , although nothing is guaranteed, I think the moderators may agree with the potential here for you to score the points, if the application is handled correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

More
4 years 8 months ago #236586 by tony
Hi and thanks for getting back to me.Your in ESA support group was this solely for copd or do you have any other conditions that put you in the support group. Also you mentioned you get pip enhanced for care and mobility. Was you reassed for this and how did you find the hole process.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236588 by Poollie1
Replied by Poollie1 on topic copd
Hi Tony, yes I have had arthritis since 1993 when I was awarded Dla for life. I've got the high rate of care on pip because along with my COPD and my breathing difficulties I am unable to cook, bathe, dress or use the toilet alone without supervision or help for the majority of the time. Hope that helps..
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

More
4 years 2 months ago #245083 by tony
hi you say that you are unable to cook bathe, dress or use the toilet alone. Would you say the mane reason is copd

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.