× Members

Camly's PIP

More
4 years 8 months ago #236045 by LilacGem
Camly's PIP was created by LilacGem
I filled in the form using your excellent guides & had my face to face last wk.
It didn't go very well. She was pleasant enough but she was obviously hurried & kept asking me questions & then cutting me off before I finished. I am quite slow at talking but still, she didn't get anywhere near all the relevant info & I cant imagine how she can possibly do an accurate report based on that.... so while hoping for the best, I'm preparing for trouble.

I've looked through the guides but am still a bit confused about MR...

As I understand it...
I have 1 month from date of letter to ask for an MR, - I will be doing it in writing & will send it recorded delivery.
But i'm not clear about whether we should explain on what grounds we are asking for one at that time, or whether you just ask for one? It seems a bit unfair that you have to ask to see the HP's report, wait for it to arrive, read it, make decisions etc and write to them, all within 3wks!

I would like to get professional help but travelling more than 10mins makes me very ill & the only place local is the CAB & whether I will be well enough to go there, with my carer during their very limited hours, before the deadline, so we may have to start the process ourselves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236056 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Camly's PIP
Hi Camly91

Give them until the middle of this week and then ring up and request a copy of your assessment report. You can do this before you receive the decision. It takes 6 - 10 days to arrive - sometimes sooner.

Hopefully, you will receive it before the decision. If you do and there are issues with it - you can write to the decision-maker.

If the decision comes out you can apply for a mandatory reconsideration and then you write to them challenging the assessment report.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
4 years 8 months ago #236107 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Camly's PIP
Ok thank you for that BIS I didn't know you could ask for the report so soon.

Is it DWP you ring for a copy of the report, or Capita?

And what reason does one give? I was just thinking to say that because I was a bit mentally slow on the day & I felt rushed I'm concerned about what it might say. Do you think that's ok? Or should we just say that we were just curious & not say why?
Gosh they really do scare me, lol just the thought of having my carer phone them with me present makes me feel sick, so I want to have planned just what to say. Or at least be aware of anything we should avoid saying.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236109 by BIS
Hi Camly91

It's the DWP that you ring and request a copy of your assessment report. The number will be on your original letter. Please don't be scared. You don't have to give any 'reason' - because it is your right to request it. Just say you would like a copy and it will be sent to you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236137 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Camly's PIP
Thanks BIS. Do you know how the DWP 'see' the request for a copy of the report - ie do they see it as antagonistic in any way - lol I don't want the decision maker to be looking favourably on my case & then see I requested the report & change their attitude.

oh & lol... yes.... I do have problems with paranoia!

More
4 years 7 months ago #236139 by BIS
Hi Camly91

No one will see asking for a report as an antagonistic action. Literally, thousands of people request copies of their reports, even people who feel they had a good assessment. As I say it is your right - so if you want it - make that phone call and breathe easily afterward!

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.