× Members

Went from standard to enhanceded Daily Living.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236427 by Creature
Hello there:
DWP awarded 12 points for Mobility and 11 points Daily Living but completely ignored my seven hours per week of assisted home therapy - 4 points, or my having to wear a hearing aid - 2 points, which would have increased my Daily Living to 17 points.
I have read a lot about people losing their PIP altogether because of their MR requests. I know you can't decide for me, but I would appreciate any thoughts you have regarding my situation?
Many thanks, Creature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236429 by BIS
Hi Creature

As you have already said we can't make up your mind for you. Although some people do have their awards cut at Mandatory Reconsideration, I believe the numbers are small (and no I don't have statistics for you), but far more people find their award does not change.

I think the thing to decide is do you have a good argument for challenging the decision you were given? Have you got a copy of your assessment report? Did you give details of the therapy you have to do at home and is this something that was prescribed by a medical practitioner? (You don't have to tell me - only that you are clear on the answer yourself. Then you need to be clear on how much time you need assistance and why. If you did all this then it seems reasonable to challenge it when you were awarded no points.

The hearing aid issue - I assume you mean for the communication question. Look back again at the assessment report and see why you didn't score and then see what argument you can use to counteract it. Often though people don't describe clearly enough the difficulties they have even when they have a hearing aid.

If there are any other areas that you think you did not score highly enough you should challenge them too simply because you can't be certain they will agree with you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Creature

More
4 years 7 months ago #236493 by Creature
Thank you for your last reply, BIS.
I called the DWP this morning and had them explain the why I received only 11 points for my Daily Living assessment.
It seems the assessor did not tell the truth regarding my hearing. He reported that I was able to hear fine while I was wearing my hearing aid, even though I have to ask him to repeat himself on numerous occasions during the assessment because of my hearing problems.
As a result of his untruthfulness, I was not awarded the 2 points which would have taken my Daily Living score to 13.
Shouldn't I automatically be awarded 2 points for wearing my NHS prescribed hearing aid?

More
4 years 7 months ago #236502 by Gary
Hi Creature

You can never guarantee anything, as BIS stated below only you can decide if you want to go for a MR.
Whenever I complete a MR we write in what we agree with, and what we disagree with, and the reason why we disagree with any findings we will also add any supporting documents to back up what you are saying.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Creature

More
4 years 4 months ago #240232 by Creature
Today I learned that I have been awarded enhanced status for both daily living and mobility.

The B&W community are truly an exceptional group of people. I could not have argued my case successfully without your help. Thank you so much.

Creature.

More
4 years 4 months ago #240233 by Gary
Hi Creature

Congratulations on your result, we are pleased to have been able to be of some assistance from the team and the B&W community. Thank you for letting us know your outcome.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: letterboxmum

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.